Migrating to another URL on the same host

• Hi all,

I have two domain names in the same hosting package : vlaamshobbybrouwforum.eu and vlaamshobbybrouwforum.be . Today, everything is installed on the .eu and the .be is simply forwarding to the first. I would like to change this.

• I would like to move everything to the .be domain
    • I would also like to change the subfolders from for example /wbb to /forum

Is there a manual or documentation somewhere I can follow to do this?

Thank you,

Walter

• I'm bumping this because I am about to do the same.

maindomain.com is where the site is now.

I need to move it to newdomain.com

The server is using Plesk, so I could just repoint the folders in the Plesk control panel, but...

1. How will that affect the Letsencrypt security certificate for each domain?

2. How will it affect emails?

Would it be better to simply rename the folder via ftp?

• 1. How will that affect the Letsencrypt security certificate for each domain?

2. How will it affect emails?

Both has nothing to do with the software by WoltLab.

You just have to point the "new" domain to the current folder, then change the domain-settings as described, after that you should be able to disable the "old" domain safely (you might check whether WSC uses the right domain before that step).

PS: In case you cant route/point the domain to the current folder, just move/copy the data to the domain's folder.

• Both has nothing to do with the software by WoltLab.

I know this - This is more about changing the full server path if both domains are already being hosted, and email and ssl have already been set up for both.

I've just remembered that Plesk FTP doesn't give you an option to open all the domain folders under one account.

• Burning Board's ACP has an option to define sender and adminstrator emails. Change them to the new values.

As for Let's Encrypt, you will need to add it to the newDomain the same way you added it to the oldDomain. It is better to do that once you set everything under the newDomain.

You will need to set 301 redirects to make sure that there is no SEO backlash due to change of URLs.

Smile , it's good for health

• Maybe I should have created a new thread :/

I'm aware of what I can do in the acp - I'm more interested in the actual server side of things.

Basically I have two domains, both have SSL, both on the same server, both with already established websites and email addresses - it seems pointless ftp-ing the entire wsc installation to the new destination, and as such it would be easier to swap the folder names thus creating a whole new server path -- something that seems impossible under Plesk.

• Personally, I prefer installing a fresh copy under the new domain and then use importer to get the old info.

Smile , it's good for health

Edited once, last by Dilip ().

• The site takes up 12 gigs on the disk and using 90 gigs of data transfer per month - it's an option, but I'd rather not if I can avoid it :/