I'm moving a forum to a new domain, it's a Woltlab Suit Forum 5.0. I purchased a Woltlab Suit Forum 5.1 license and did a fresh installation in the new domain. I want to import the old 5.0 installation. There doesn't appear to be an option for it in the importer. Do I just copy the database and point to it? What is the easiest way to do the import? Thanks.
Is the new domain on a different webserver?
- Upgrade Your WSF 5.0 to 5.1
- Change the URL / DOmain in the ACP unter my applications
- empty cache
- Move your 5.0 installation to the new webserver
- redo steps 1-3 from above
There is no importer from 5 to 5.1
Thanks. I'm having trouble with this.
The new domain is on the same server. But it's a different domain.
With the old domain the forum was set up in the root directory, like this:
http://www.mysite.com/ (forum here)
http://www.mysite.com/forum/ (core here)
The new structure is:
http://www.mynewstite.com/community/ (forum here)
http://www.mynewsite.com/community/forum/ (core here)
These are the steps I made:
2. Copied/duplicated the database of the old domain and gave it a new name.
3. Edited the file in www.mynewsite/community/forum/config.inc.php and renamed the database to the new/duplicated database.
4. In table wcf1_application edited the columns like this:
5. Cleared the cache at http://www.mynewsite.com/community/forum/cache
do you want the new structure?
I thought you simply want to upgrade from 5.0 to 5.1?
And then change the domain name?
Yes I need the new domain and new structure.
If you like I can take a look. Send me the credentials (FTP ACP MySQL) via conversation.
Thank you. There is no ACP access as the site doesn't load at all. I'm looking for instructions on how to do this. Installing 5.1 into that same directory worked fine, so it should be possible.
Installing into the same directory is not a good solution... And import does not work.