Search?

• Had to go away for a bit due to medical stuff. Thanks for the reply but I am not seeing the same menu bar which shows in your screenshot. There's a menu icon top left and Search is hidden in that.

My problem is that my new project is for academics, many of them not experienced with websites or forums. So key services need to be upfront and obvious.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hi

Had to go away for a bit due to medical stuff. Thanks for the reply but I am not seeing the same menu bar which shows in your screenshot. There's a menu icon top left and Search is hidden in that.

what you are seeing is the space optimized mobile version for smartphones, tablets and very small computer screens (browser width equal to or less than 1024px). It avoids the need for horizontal scrolling to show the most important information (i.e. the actual posts).

• Thanks. I do have a small laptop I mostly use - 15" screen but that isn't so very small. I just went to look at Settings and can't see a way to access the other view. On the project I am planning at the moment my users are likely to be old fashioned desktop or laptop users. So hopefully I can set default view in admin.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!