Recent Activities - Parsing of HTML

• You should only allow raw HTML if you and every user that can use it is trustworthy and really knows what he is doing. Its certainly not a feature intended for widespread use.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" — Leonard Nimoy

• An idea on how to solve

Don't use HTML so widespread that it frequently shows up on the recent activities stream?

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" — Leonard Nimoy

• Well, the problem is that you are using a feature in a way it was never intended to be used. I know that I am not helping to solve your problem, but that is because WSC does not offer you a solution for your problem.

What I am telling you is that you have to live with that, or need to instruct your user to create their HTML posts in such a way that the snippet for the Recent Activity List remains non-html. Thats it, period, the world ends there, there is no third way out short of re-writing WSC logic, which might or might not be possible with a plugin.

• If a room in my house needed a bigger window to bring more light, I wouldn't want the contractor to say that that room isn't suitable for drawing, I expect the contractor to find a solution to the problem and to give me the price to pay for a bigger window.

How I use my room is up to me and me alone.

Thank you for your advising other people, you are of no help to me, and trying to discuss this further will only dig your situation further.

Not sure it's possible to fix

I didn't find any option indeed, however it's very probable that this may possible with a plugin.

I do not yet know whether the "recent activities" has its messages stored in a table of its own, or if it's taken directly from the other messages, but in both cases it shouldn't be too hard to enhance its parser.

Maybe someone can tell me if this problem still exists in the newest version of WCF ?

• Here is the thing, you can not have bigger windows without making bigger holes in the wall. However you look at it, you will need to have to change the very structure of the house. Rearranging the furniture won't help. So yeah, the answer that the house - in its current form - is not suitable for bigger windows is the only correct one.

In this sub board, people ask question on how to solve problems within the constraints of the framework (without tearing down walls). Thats not possible, and that is why I have told you its not possible. You will have to create a custom plugin for that, and for that there are the following sub-boards which are appropriate depending on whether you want to write it yourself or seek someone else to create it:

Asking it in this sub board tho will ofc give you the answer that is not possible in a stock/vanilla installation of WCF.

• Here is the thing, you can not have bigger windows without making bigger holes in the wall. However you look at it, you will need to have to change the very structure of the house. Rearranging the furniture won't help. So yeah, the answer that the house - in its current form - is not suitable for bigger windows is the only correct one.

And I'm asking the possibility and price of the structural change. If you can't give me that, let someone else help and PLEASE go be useless somewhere else.

I'll write the plugin myself. The only thing I don't want is to do research on what class I need to edit, if I don't need to do that research, for example if someone else did it before. I will do it otherwise, but I will NOT mark this thread as solved, or close it, just because YOU are not able to do it.

Now, thank you for letting other people, who are actually able to answer to my request, post their solution.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Weby (18. März 2018 um 14:46)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!