Is there a 'bump throttle'?

• I've raised the issue of a bump throttle a few times on here, and I recall once someone saying that something like it was built in to 3.1, is that true?

By bump throttle I mean that on a per forum and usergroup basis you can assign a time in hours or days that must elapse before a user is allowed to post again in a thread they started.

Our Sales threads are set up so that only the thread starter can reply to the thread. We want to limit how often they can bump their threads to the top, depending on what subscription they have paid for.

• I did not put any more effort into it for quite a while now. We may finish this later this year, but i can't guarentee this, yet.

And darjeeling contacted me a few times regarding this, a few months ago. That was the last time, i was working on it.

• Even better if you fancy doing it for love.

But I gave up hassling you for progress last year because it was clear it wasn't going to happen, whether for love or money or anything else.

The offer stands.... we badly need the plugin and there's £500 or a big hug on the table. If you're not driven by money, maybe someone else in here is?

• But I gave up hassling you for progress last year because it was clear it wasn't going to happen, whether for love or money or anything else.

The plugin itself is done and working. There are just 1-2 cases, which are not covered, yet (deleting posts in a topic and moving posts around). That's the current state.

• Even better if you fancy doing it for love.

But I gave up hassling you for progress last year because it was clear it wasn't going to happen, whether for love or money or anything else.

The offer stands.... we badly need the plugin and there's £500 or a big hug on the table. If you're not driven by money, maybe someone else in here is?

If you would need it that badly I suggest to go to woltlab@woltlab.com directly. They also do custom plugins based on quotations.

• Thank you but I have a suspiciopn they won't be interested at £500. I'll give them a go though.

We're a hobby and enthusiast site, we don't have much money.

• The plugin itself is done and working. There are just 1-2 cases, which are not covered, yet (deleting posts in a topic and moving posts around). That's the current state.

Anything I can do to encourage you to finish it? Would you like a foot massage? ?

• Thank you but I have a suspiciopn they won't be interested at £500. I'll give them a go though.

We're a hobby and enthusiast site, we don't have much money.

You know that 500 is quite a lot for such a small plugin ;)
    I would wait because of :

We are in progress of finishing this up. However, there's min. one project in front of it.

Since there is only one project infront of it :D

• You know that 500 is quite a lot for such a small plugin ;)

Actually, its not.

If you only need this on a per-group basis, then yes. But as stated, the plugin should work on a per-group and per-board basis, which means you would have to create the complete infrastructure/business logic for different, numerical permissions per board per group from scratch, since that is not something WSC provides out of the box.

If its only about adding a user group permissions for the time to post again, and then adding some ELs/TLs to enforce it, then yes, you'd only need 1/10th of the money.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" — Leonard Nimoy

• Actually, its not.

If you only need this on a per-group basis, then yes. But as stated, the plugin should work on a per-group and per-board basis, which means you would have to create the complete infrastructure/business logic for different, numerical permissions per board per group from scratch, since that is not something WSC provides out of the box.

If its only about adding a user group permissions for the time to post again, and then adding some ELs/TLs to enforce it, then yes, you'd only need 1/10th of the money.

The business rules should be "If this is in subforum X and the thread starter is the current user then if the last post by that user in the thread is less than Y hours ago, disable (or remove) the ability to make another post (hide the Submit button, remove the edit window, don't really care).

I don't know how complex this is but here are my thoughts:

- A table of subforum IDs for which the throttle system is applied

- A table for IDs linking user group IDs and subforum IDs to numeric time values (an integer, of seconds or minutes)

When the page is rendered, a lookup is done as in "select NextPostAllowedTime from tblBumpThrottle where userid=X and userGroupID=Y and subforumID=Z" and if it's greater than Now() then prohibit the post.

I have a fairly limited understanding of how this would be done but does that sound roughly right?

Here is a maybe better description of this (dated 2015!) https://community.woltlab.com/…ostID=1486012#post1486012