How to handle spam/delete multiple threads?

• Betroffene Version
    WoltLab Suite 3.0

A spammer posted multiple threads in my forum. They are all in different forum sections. What is the most efficient/quickest way to delete all the threads and the user?

With vbulletin I used a plugin "One touch ban and clean up" which would do all that automatically. Is there such a plugin or option for Woltlab?

• Go to acp, look for mass deletion and you can filter for thst user and delete all threads but thst user.

now imagine you have a large board and you have to delete ~10-20 of those users a day (or even more) :)

that is basically just an workaround for a not existing function

• Thanks for the suggestion Throwholics. Actually I found the setting in ACP - Apps - bulk processing of threads.

It seems like a long process. I wish it could be performed from the front end. A plugin like I mentioned would be very helpful.

• Maybe it's more efficient to cut the spammers before they can even do spam :)

Yea like google reCAPTCHA that is not helping, or reg questions that are not helping or email verification that is not helping or well that is already everything WBB has to offer (other minor protections like spamdb and such stuff won't help in any worth mentioning amount). At the moment you can't even use reCAPTCHA with reg questions together (at least that I am aware off) - for reasons (lol) I guess :/.

WBB basically depends on the theory that there is no spam at all due the "security" measures, therefor there is no need for anti spam tools or additional rules to fight spam (like an option to disallow links for example).

Idk if Woltlab is aware of human spam bots that you can actually rent in asia that are easily breaking through every spam "protection" WBB has to offer. This is ofc depending on the pagerank, keywords etc, also if you have an italien or german etc board you are likely not having such problems at all.

Especially if you think about the tools that would be needed to improve this:

- disallow to post links (for user in group xyz or/and with postcount >= 123)

- one click "ban user and move threads to trash"

- allow more complex registration rules, like reCaptcha + 2-3 reg questions for example

For example we have to fight with pharma-, property-, ... , vpn-offer spam.

We already have reCAPTCHA at maximum, an pretty (already far far too much) censorship list with words like food, hair, human, male, female, standard, height etc are banned. Additional, due an addon, we can at least move ppl that post links with an post count under x post disabling and move to manual verification. Regardless of that rules we have still 10-40 spam posts a day. We had basically zero if links could be forbidden. Also you can imagine that "go to admin and search then bulk delete" isn't working here anymore and ofc that is an major pain for mobile users.

• At the moment you can't even use reCAPTCHA with reg questions together (at least that I am aware off) - for reasons (lol) I guess :/ .

That is correct.

Which reCAPTCHA version are you using? The invisible one?

therefor there is no need for anti spam tools or additional rules to fight spam (like an option to disallow links for example).

Cyberblitzbirne
    7. Februar 2020 um 12:55

You could use this?

Idk if Woltlab is aware of human spam bots that you can actually rent in asia that are easily breaking through every spam "protection" WBB has to offer. This is ofc depending on the pagerank, keywords etc, also if you have an italien or german etc board you are likely not having such problems at all.

I know what you mean, human spam bots you cannot get rid of. But thats with every single software. You could however see where those spam humans are coming from and block ranges.

woltlab.com/pluginstore/file/2040/

Soon SoftCreatR will have this plugin be ready for WSC 3.1 as well.

- disallow to post links (for user in group xyz or/and with postcount >= 123)

Available, see above.

- one click "ban user and move threads to trash"

That is missing, correct, but one could do that via the ACP bulk processing. Not as convient, that is true.
    But maybe you should create a suggestion in the correct forum and WoltLab might consider it for their next version.
    If this is urgent, I would suggest to ask a developer to do that.

Either via: woltlab@woltlab.com to get a quote

via https://shop.softcreatr.de/product/28-per…rvice-1-stunde/

via Cyperghost

via Christopher Walz https://cwalz.de/contact/

for example.

- allow more complex registration rules, like reCaptcha + 2-3 reg questions for example

This was possible with a plugin by Christopher Walz

woltlab.com/pluginstore/file/1430/

but he doesnt wanna do it for the WSC 3.0

We had basically zero if links could be forbidden

Try the plugin above and mabye this helps already a bit?

• Would love to see the "one click "ban user and move threads to trash"" option in ACP. Spam will become a bigger issue the more popular WBB gets. I've already been hit several times in the last month or two after not having one issue with spam in the last 12+ months of using WBB.

• Which reCAPTCHA version are you using? The invisible one?

yea we use invisible, but doesn't make any significant difference

You could use this?

Available, see above.

we already do, but the addon does not prohibit (like the censor list) links, just redirect the post to the admin for review -> we have still manually ban + remove -> that doesn't prevent spam at all, you can just hide it. If I didn't see something obvious here pls tell me :)

coming from and block ranges

nope, sadly not, also we have legit chinese/asian users :D

also they use vpn and stuff, we had chinese scam from german ips etc ...

This was possible with a plugin

I know, but sadly doesn't help that much with wbb 3 :)

but one could do that via the ACP bulk processing

sorry, but you can try it 20 times a day over a year - its brain melting

I would suggest to ask a developer to do that.

To be honest I really dislike to annoy devs with random ideas they may not be interested in, an official request was already made (wbb3.0 rls time) and I guess that is an core feature (spam is an problem of all modules) and should be solved by Woltlab.

Spam will become a bigger issue the more popular WBB gets.

if you have an board with just german users and content you dont have a problem at all :D

• we already do, but the addon does not prohibit (like the censor list) links, just redirect the post to the admin for review -> we have still manually ban + remove -> that doesn't prevent spam at all, you can just hide it. If I didn't see something obvious here pls tell me :)

Alright, I just re-read the plugin info ;)

maybe you can create a new user group (new users) and disallow them to use the bbcode URL , then they can post the links but they will not be able to make them clickable

nope, sadly not, also we have legit chinese/asian users :D

also they use vpn and stuff, we had chinese scam from german ips etc ...

understood ;)

To be honest I really dislike to annoy devs with random ideas they may not be interested in, an official request was already made (wbb3.0 rls time) and I guess that is an core feature (spam is an problem of all modules) and should be solved by Woltlab.

Understood, but like I said, if you want it fixed urgently you might wanna ask a dev.

The next version 3.2 will probably come out in 2019.

• darjeeling

What exactly would you need? Simply a button that deletes the user and all the content he created, accessible from the users profile?

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" — Leonard Nimoy

• darjeeling

What exactly would you need? Simply a button that deletes the user and all the content he created, accessible from the users profile?

Yes, that is what vBulletin used to do with a mod I think.

I also ran phpBB that let you delete a user all their posts with one click from the admin cp (same thing). I have to agree it would make things a lot easier to deal with spam registrations on WBB forums being able to do that fast to remove spammers and all their content

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!