Suggested moderation improvements

• I'm finding moderating more difficult since I moved over to this platform, and as such I'd like to suggest the following - which are all available on VB4 as standard or as free addons:

1. The ability to ban a user and trash all their posts, just from selecting one post.

2. Compatibility with stopforumspam akismet etc.

3. Block entire countries from accessing the site

4. Creating a thread in a moderators forum whenever a post is reported.

5. The ability to send warning messages from a generic / anonymous account

6. Global ignore -- put a user on ignore so nobody can see their posts except the actual poster

7. Miserable users group - crash or slow down the entire site for people put into this group.

8. Log IP addresses and use the database to check for matching users, other posts from the same IP etc.

9. The ability to boot someone from a topic.

Thank you :)

• 2. Compatibility with stopforumspam akismet etc.

Is available, also a little bit hidden and more or less beta stadium by Hackerman

3. Block entire countries from accessing the site

it is avaialble with a plugin, also by Hackerman pluginstore.woltlab.com/file/2040/

But currently not available for the WSC 3.1, but he stated that this plugin will be available soon.

4. Creating a thread in a moderators forum whenever a post is reported.

This is also already possible with the help of the Community Bot Plugin:

5. The ability to send warning messages from a generic / anonymous account

What do you have in mind?

7. Miserable users group - crash or slow down the entire site for people put into this group.

not avaialble, but I know that some other users also wanted that ;)

8. Log IP addresses and use the database to check for matching users, other posts from the same IP etc.

That is already possible with a plugin:

but not yet avaialble for WSC 3.1, Marcel Beckers

9. The ability to boot someone from a topic.

What do you have in mind here?

• Thank you - I've seen and considered some of the above addons already - none of which are free, but all available as standard (or free) with vBulletin.

Price was a factor that influenced my purchase of a licence ,and as such I am suggesting that these features are added as standard.

What do you have in mind?

Warnings: So a moderator can send an infraction/warning from an account called "moderator" in order to stay anonymous - of course they can log out etc. but having this as an automated option would make responding a lot faster.

Booting from a topic: There's a vbulletin addon that gives you the ability to kick a user from an individual topic - they can still use the forum, but that particular thread becomes off limits.

Is available, also a little bit hidden and more or less beta stadium by SoftCreatR

I cannot find this anywhere.

• Thank you - I've seen and considered some of the above addons already - none of which are free, but all available as standard (or free) with vBulletin.

Price was a factor that influenced my purchase of a licence ,and as such I am suggesting that these features are added as standard.

In order to be considered as valid suggections you would need to create for each suggestion an own thread. Otherwise WoltLab cannot decide and put labels on each suggestion.

And yes, I did not say that those are for free, just that those are already available. Most likely those suggestons wont make it into the WoltLab core/default.

But just give it a try and see how it works out.

Warnings: So a moderator can send an infraction/warning from an account called "moderator" in order to stay anonymous - of course they can log out etc. but having this as an automated option would make responding a lot faster.

You could achive this with the help of this plugin:

Simply create that moderator/anonymous account and link those.

Booting from a topic: There's a vbulletin addon that gives you the ability to kick a user from an individual topic - they can still use the forum, but that particular thread becomes off limits.

Have a look here:

https://www.wbb-elite.de/shop/…themen-ausschlie%C3%9Fen/

this works for WBB 5.0 already, and according to Cyperghost it is already working under 5.1 as well.

I cannot find this anywhere.

It is not official and in beta version (hidden for premium users at the moment). Sascha can say more about it I think.

• The ability to ban a user and trash all their posts, just from selecting one post.

This is a function we really miss since we moved from MyBB as it is an easy and fast way to get rid of spam - sadly WBB has no real functions to deal with spammers at all (in a efficient way).

The only workaround for us is

that the spam get not shown at least - if this addon is dropped we have to switch the board software due the amount of spammers and no real way to deal with it (reCAPTCHA, reg questions ... doesn't help against human spammers you can actually rent in asia).

• 9. The ability to boot someone from a topic.

Sorry, only just seen this thread and I've just requested that as a separate request.

I agree with all your points and may request them all separately too and ask for additional moderator features while I'm at it. NOW is the time to get them in!

I am a Newbie Admin. Please be gentle, I don't understand technical things.
    (Please can we have a full manual for this software)

• Marcel Werk

Added the Label Won’t be implemented