Different image order on image list page and album list page

• A Member of my forum posted a notice that he experienced a problem with a three (3) section ACTION GIF which is uploaded to GALLERY.

He claims that it is NOT in the correct viewing order.

I Logged on as Administrator, and NOT logged on (viewed as a Visitor), and also as a Member.

I did notice that the ORDER of the Action Gif become REVERSED depending upon

which is Clicked ON: "Gallery" OR "Albums" - (of the Gallery Drop down Menu).

Is this a bug? Or some other condition?

Forum Version is: WSC 3.0.12 pl 1

URL: https://www.ttttforum.com

Please refer to Screen Shots below to further explain and illustrate this issue.

Edited 2 times, last by Ruff Seas: added additional screen shot ().

• The default image list (what you call "Gallery") sorts images by the time at which they where uploaded, starting with the lastest image. The preview images of an album (as seen on the "Albums" page) by default also use the upload time, but starting with the first image. The images of an album, however, can be manually sorted if you visit the album:

so that when viewing the album or the preview images on the album list, this custom sort order is used.

• The default image list (what you call "Gallery") sorts images by the time at which they where uploaded, starting with the lastest image. The preview images of an album (as seen on the "Albums" page) by default also use the upload time, but starting with the first image. The images of an album, however, can be manually sorted if you visit the album:

so that when viewing the album or the preview images on the album list, this custom sort order is used.

Thank you for your reply and explanation.

However, I believe YOU missed the most important part of what I was attempting to convey in this Thread.

Just a few minutes ago I deleted the Album with the Action Gifs - (Set of 3 Gifs) and uploaded them once again to "GALLERY"

on my forum - keeping in mind your explanation.

So yes, I could see what was taking place as I uploaded these 3 gifs of set, and the final results of that upload.

After I had completed the Album, I clicked on "sort images", and I was able to get these 3 Gifs set in their correct order.

However, the fact remains that when a Visitor (or Member) visits the forum and desires to see the ALBUMS that are in "Gallery",

that individual can either CLICK ON the word "Gallery" (of the drop down menu), OR, can HOVER OVER the word "Gallery",

and then the drop down menu will appear; and then the individual can Click on the word "Albums".

The REASON why I am making a distinct point of the procedure described above, is this:

IF the individual visiting (viewing) the forum CLICKS on the word "Gallery", he will get one version of the SEQUENCE of the Action Gifs;

but he will get a second (different version) of the SEQUENCE of the Action Gifs IF he CLICKS on the word "Albums" of the Drop Down Menu!

And REGARDLESS of how the Action Gifs are set up - by way of uploading to "Gallery" originally, OR how those same Gifs were EDITED -

IF the individual CLICKS on the WORD "Gallery" (and NOT on the drop down menu name "ALBUMS"), those Action Gifs are going to be

OUT OF SEQUENCE - that is, they will be in REVERSE of their correct order.

Because of this, I am assuming at least for now, that I should make a BOX (for explanation purposes) for the Albums / Image Area

of "Gallery" so that when a Visitor OR Member wants to see what is in "Gallery",

they should hover over the word "Gallery" and then CLICK ON: "Albums";

as this procedure is particularly important when it comes to ACTION GIFS that must be viewed in their CORRECT sequence.

• And REGARDLESS of how the Action Gifs are set up - by way of uploading to "Gallery" originally, OR how those same Gifs were EDITED -

IF the individual CLICKS on the WORD "Gallery" (and NOT on the drop down menu name "ALBUMS"), those Action Gifs are going to be

OUT OF SEQUENCE - that is, they will be in REVERSE of their correct order.

Yes, but please bear in mind that the page you put an emphasis on calling "Gallery" is "just" the list of all (accessible) images in gallery that can be sorted by the user visiting the page – and the default order is by upload time (you can see that by clicking on the "Sort" button). The image list is not intended to preserve any specific image order – that is what albums and their "Sort Images" function is for.

• Yes, but please bear in mind that the page you put an emphasis on calling "Gallery" is "just" the list of all (accessible) images in gallery that can be sorted by the user visiting the page – and the default order is by upload time (you can see that by clicking on the "Sort" button). The image list is not intended to preserve any specific image order – that is what albums and their "Sort Images" function is for.

" 'The image list is not intended to preserve any specific image order [MY EMPHASIS] – that is what albums and their "Sort Images"

function is for.' "

And that "fact" right there is something which will cause Visitors OR Members to become confused at best; and possibly irritated !

I know, because I have already had a couple of comments about this issue; and I only have a very few Members.

I do not relish the thought what it would be like if there were 10,000 members!

Like I said previously: The only way (for now at least) is to create a BOX in all relevant areas of the forum which attempt to explain

this issue; and offer advice as to how to handle this issue with Albums when it comes to viewing the proper sequence of Action Gifs -

which I have done.

Edited 2 times, last by Ruff Seas: uploaded revision of previous attachment ().