Import from Invision Power Board

• I have a small community where I can no longer justify the high renewal cost of up-keeping my current subscription with Invision Power Services Inc. Is it possible to import the latest version of Invision Power Board into the latest version of WoltLab Burning Board? Finally, how often must you new your licensing with WoltLab to continuously remain using the most current version?

Love is love. * Liebe ist Liebe.

Meine Muttersprache ist Japanisch. Ich schreibe in Englisch, um ins Deutsche zu übersetzen. Bitte haben Sie Geduld mit mir. https://www.deepl.com/translator

• Hello LoveIsLove,

our importer supports both their 3.x and 4.x series. Just in case some part of the import does not turn out as expected, you can get in touch with us at any time to have it resolved.

Finally, how often must you new your licensing with WoltLab to continuously remain using the most current version?

You can always use the version available at time of purchase without restrictions, bug-fixes/security-updates and support for that version are included free-of-charge.

As we speak, the stable version of the forum app is 5.0 (WoltLab Suite 3.0), but new purchase already include access to version 5.1 (WoltLab Suite 3.1). We're releasing new major releases of our software (such as 5.2, 5.3, 5.4, …, 6.0, 7.0, etc.) roughly every year, which are not included in a license and must be purchased. To put it in perspective, upgrading from 5.0 to 5.1 costs EUR 44.99 (19% VAT) / USD 44.99 (non-EU customers, no VAT): Sales Launch and Pricings of WoltLab Suite 3.1

However, you are by no means required to purchase the update, you can keep on using the purchased version for as lons as you want. The version 5.1 is estimated to be released this February and it will be supported for a minimum of 2 years after the successor is released. If you would have purchased the version 5.0, it would be supported until February 2020 at minimum.

Alexander Ebert
    Senior Developer WoltLab® GmbH

• Thank you Alexander Ebert for your friendly, speedy, and informative reply to my questions. The average of renew cost with WoltLan of once a year is preferable compared to my current subscription with Invision Power Services which is twice a year. You would also appear to have a longer extended support time for those who choose not to remain current adding further value without the pressure to always keep current. Although I suspect I will always renew it is nice to know I will not be pressured to do so. :)

Thank you once again for your reply.

Love is love. * Liebe ist Liebe.

Meine Muttersprache ist Japanisch. Ich schreibe in Englisch, um ins Deutsche zu übersetzen. Bitte haben Sie Geduld mit mir. https://www.deepl.com/translator