Category Title CSS Edits. Question

• I would like to modify the Title of a Category, and add a background to it, some other forum software call it a "category strip". I was curious as to what class this was.

I would also like to disable the Open/Close Arrow. I would like all categories to remain open.

Thank you.

• I would like to modify the Title of a Category, and add a background to it, some other forum software call it a "category strip". I was curious as to what class this was.

I would also like to disable the Open/Close Arrow. I would like all categories to remain open.

Thank you.

" 'Modifying the Title of a Category, and add a background to it ... ' "

kbarg - do you mean like there would be a solid COLOR background that the TITLE of the Category is superimposed on?

If so, I would be interested in this also; but I would want it for specific Category Titles - not every Title.

Hopefully someone can tell both of us how to manage these modifications ...... oh Rich, where are you ????

• Hopefully someone can tell both of us how to manage these modifications ...... oh Rich, where are you ????

This would be something that I don't know how to do. But would be nice to see how it is done.

• Offizieller Beitrag

That's what it looks like (YMMV):

Alexander Ebert
    Senior Developer WoltLab® GmbH

• That's what it looks like (YMMV):

Thanks Alexander Ebert for the reply / CSS Code

I can't speak for kbarg ........ but for me, no.

I will stay with what I have because the only change I would like is for a background color of a SPECIFIC "highlighted Title" of my choosing;

and I would not want the color of the "highlighted Category Title" to also be for the forums which follow under that chosen highlighted title.

• Ruff Seas i have understand , i go to your site

if you want change the category by exemple background color

Code
    .wbbBoardList  > header {
        background-color: red;
    }

this code is to change all the category

if you want change only one category , you must find the data-board-id for your category , press F12 on your browser

use the arrow to point on the category and you must find the data-board id , you see it on my picture

Code
    .wbbBoardList [data-board-id="1"] > header {
    }

this code change only the category with the data-board-id =1

i hope , i understand your problem

• I will try this tonight, i am gonna replace the

background-color

with a

background-image

but that looks like it will work. :)

Edit: IT worked like a charm. Thank you for the help on this.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von kbarg (2. Februar 2018 um 02:21)

• Thanks for the information, marcbelgique -

I will try this code later today and get back here to let you know how it worked out.

• Thank you marcbelgique !

I just made the change in Styles for my "header" #1, using your CSS Code above.

I changed the color though to #BFF3F7 - as the text remains easy to read in the Header while at the same time placing emphasis on the text.

If I want to make the same high-lighted text with regard to a Category Title which appears under a Header, do I change: > header {

TO: > category {

or do I use a different word ?

• for just the background of the title category

Code
    .wbbBoardList [data-board-id="1"] > header >a{
    }

For the line

Code
    .wbbBoardContainer[data-board-id="2"] > div > div > div > h3 {
        background-color: black;
    }

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!