Changing the color of text in Box Titles - how?

• Hello again Ruff Seas,

I just needed to check on this further to see what was going on in your version of the board, so I did a fresh installed of your version and use the CSS coding, and again, it is working for me. So it looks like you got something else going on :/

The only source of knowledge is experience. - Albert Einstein

• Hello again Ruff Seas,

I just needed to check on this further to see what was going on in your version of the board, so I did a fresh installed of your version and use the CSS coding, and again, it is working for me. So it looks like you got something else going on :/

Hi Rich!

Thanks for re-checking! Yes, something is amiss I think. I looked at your screen shot, and then looked at my "Styles". They do NOT match;

meaning, I don't see the exact same descriptions and words within the Styles Box when set to "Advanced Settings".

I was going to start a new Thread for another "color change" I want to make but thought I would ask you first - this time I want to change

the color for the Box Header Titles (as opposed to Side Bar Header Titles) that occur when they are set up to occur on the LEFT side of

my Dashboard Page.

For example (shown in the attachment) this is a message I uploaded by making a TEXT BOX, and ticking "After Content".

I don't like the "dull Black" TEXT - I want it to appear as Dark Blue, but leaving font size, etc., etc. as normally occurs with a Box Title Header.

• Good Morning Ruff Seas,

I believe that would be the Content Headline. But just to let you know, it will also change the title color of the forum, your user name in your profile, and maybe a few other things I have not notice.

(This was one of the issues I was telling you about when I am working with the CSS coding. If I change one thing, it can apply to something else as well. There is a possibility that more coding could be added to apply to just the one change you want to make, but I would not know how to do that)

Please see screen shots and see if that works for you.

• If that does now work Ruff Seas,

Try putting this code in your style advance settings.

Code
    1. .boxesContentTop .boxTitle, .boxesContentBottom .boxTitle {
    2. color: #0000CD;
    3. font-weight: 300;
    4. line-height: 1.28;
    5. }

• Good Morning Ruff Seas,

I believe that would be the Content Headline. But just to let you know, it will also change the title color of the forum, your user name in your profile, and maybe a few other things I have not notice.

(This was one of the issues I was telling you about when I am working with the CSS coding. If I change one thing, it can apply to something else as well. There is a possibility that more coding could be added to apply to just the one change you want to make, but I would not know how to do that)

I don't think it is the Content headline - but I could be wrong.

And yes, I remember you saying " ... if I change one thing, it can apply to something else as well."

And that is something I don't want to do - I just want the Box Title Headline (in every Box I make) to show as Dark Blue.

That pale "black" color has got to go!

Maybe there is a CSS Code specifically for doing this ....

but here is something else (a subject I brought up to Woltlab Developers awhile back):

WHY can't there be a COLOR OPTION BUILT INTO the Box Area - whether it be a Text Box, HTML Box, etc., etc. ?;)

I also wanted this to be an BUILT IN OPTION for creating Forums. E.g., >ACP >APPS >Forums; but apparently they didn't think that was necessary.

And if I remember correctly, one of the PLUGIN Developers said something like: It would be more work to develop it than what it is worth;

and who would use it?:huh:

• If that does now work Ruff Seas,

Try putting this code in your style advance settings.

Code
    1. .boxesContentTop .boxTitle, .boxesContentBottom .boxTitle {
    2. color: #0000CD;
    3. font-weight: 300;
    4. line-height: 1.28;
    5. }

OK Rich, I will try it ......... and will let you know what the results are.:rolleyes:

• Well Rich, it looks like I am going to have to put you on the "pay role" for 4T Forum! The code worked!:)

Only one thing - the BLUE should be a bit darker.

Maybe I can fool around with the color number and get a darker hue.:/

• Final Results For:

Side Bar Header Text - Successful in changing Color and Font Weight with CSS Code - (Code Supplied by Rich)

Box Header Title Text - successful in changing Color and Font Weight with CSS Code - (Code supplied by Rich)

CSS Code pertaining to this Thread:

.boxesContentTop .boxTitle, .boxesContentBottom .boxTitle {

color: #053CC6;

font-weight: 400;

line-height: 1.28;

}

.boxesSidebarLeft .boxTitle, .boxesSidebarRight .boxTitle {

color: rgb(5, 59, 197);

font-weight: bold;

}

See 2 attached screen shots showing the above 2 text changes.

• Very good Ruff Seas :thumbup:

I'm happy to see it finally worked out for you. I was not sure if it was going to work because you mention having a style that did not match mine.

• happy that work but

insert a comment in your change /*====name==========*/

because in two or three month if you made many change of css , you don't know this code is for what

• Thank you marcbelgique,

Yes I forgot about that. There were plenty of times I could not remember what CSS coding did what.

• happy that work but

insert a comment in your change /*====name==========*/

because in two or three month if you made many change of css , you don't know this code is for what

OKAY marcbelgique, thanks for the tip!

In addition to your tip (above), I also took screen shots of the CSS Codes - and put them in a file on my computer; that way if anything gets "lost"

(deleted) during the upgrade I will make soon from WSC 3.0.11pl1 TO WSC 3.1, I can type those codes back in.