Can Bot IPs be kept up to date please?

• App
    WoltLab Suite Core

I keep getting search engine bots showing up as regular guests and not as bots. Can you update and keep updating what IPs the main search engines use please?

As an example, the following two are from Microsoft:

thanks

I am a Newbie Admin. Please be gentle, I don't understand technical things.
    (Please can we have a full manual for this software)

• One of the IPs I posted clearly stated that it was MSN bot when I did a check on its IP (using your plugin:)) why didn't WoltLab's software correctly label it as a bot?

I am a Newbie Admin. Please be gentle, I don't understand technical things.
    (Please can we have a full manual for this software)

• One of the IPs I posted clearly stated that it was MSN bot when I did a check on its IP (using your plugin:)) why didn't WoltLab's software correctly label it as a bot?

Unfortunately, not all bots show a user-agent to identify it easy. And like you say, even some major bots like MSN will come and not show a user-agent for it either. What you should be suggesting is an option to manually add bots based on IP (maybe). With my own forum running on phpBB, you add bots yourself (they are not auto detected), but the plus factor is that I can add either User agent or IP for any bots added to list.

You may also find that adding a bot with IP is not really worth doing, not if the bot tends to come using more than just one IP.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von NicoleSophie (21. Januar 2018 um 00:35)

• Marcel Werk 5. Mai 2018 um 23:26

Hat das Label Nicht geplant hinzugefügt.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!