Are different headers possible with WoltLab?

• I would like different headers on my site, specifically, different images and text at the top of the main pages of my site. Whether they would actually go into the header area or not, I'm not sure.

So, a few ideas:

For the main forum index page, I would like a graphic, some large text saying Forum, or Forum list and a brief explanation of what is on the page.

For my Gallery page, I would like a separate graphic, some large text saying the word Gallery and another brief explanation of what is on that page etc.

The use of a single icon/banner/picture across a whole site, I think is very outdated 90s/00's design.

Is this at all possible with the WoltLab software, or would it be too difficult for someone to design this for me?

Many thanks

Jupiter

I am a Newbie Admin. Please be gentle, I don't understand technical things.
    (Please can we have a full manual for this software)

• The easiest way to do this is to duplicate the default style and adjust the colours. You can then add a custom logo.

When you go to the settings of a particular forum, you can assign the style to the forum. Don't think it's possible with gallery categories though.

I have a few that are colour coded so people know where they are; it's very useful.

You can also create a text box with the info you require , set the permissions for that box, and set it appear at the top of the relevant pages above the content - forum, gallery etc.

• Thanks Moonclamp for that.

Once you've finished setting up your forum, I may come back to you on this.

• Hello,

The hero box is especially made for that. You can make a custom header for each page. This is what I did on my last website, each pages had a dedicated different header.

Some hero boxes and CSS :)

• Or maybe have a look at this plugin:

Black Rider
    18. Januar 2021 um 10:39
    Black Rider
    20. April 2021 um 12:14
  • Thanks both of you.

The hero box is especially made for that. You can make a custom header for each page. This is what I did on my last website, each pages had a dedicated different header.

Do you have a link for your other web site if its still active?

• Yes, i just enabled it to show you : https://geeklabs.asselindebeauville.com

I will disable it again soon :)

All my old Hero Boxes :

And, to display it correctly, here is my CSS code for this, there is a CSS block for each part (Hero for the forum, Hero for the Filebase...) :

You can use and adapt it, I hope that will help you and others :)

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von ChristopheA (5. Dezember 2017 um 13:01)

• That is exactly the kind of thing I am after!

I am just about to get my forum logo designed and I want to incorporate that on the various different headers. Would you be interested in designing a "tweaked" version of your headers for my site for a paypal donation?

It wouldn't be just yet, because I need my logo designed first and given up hope of anyone doing it here (although I did ask here first), so gone to another site for that.

Really like your design. Can I ask why did you to decide to remove them?

• Don't hesitate to contact me in private to discuss about it, we could talk by email, skype or other.. ;)

I just wanted to make something different, i'm a "never satisfied" guy, so..

I can help you for that of course !

• Great, as soon as my logo is done, I'll send you a PM.

many thanks :)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!