A better ignore feature

• App
    WoltLab Suite Core

I'm sorry if this will sound harsh but Woltlab's ignore/block feature is the absolute worst I have ever seen with any forum platform. How is fading the opacity of a user's post/reply blocking them? Why do I get notices when a blocked user has replied to a thread I am watching? If you block a user you shouldn't be seeing any of their content period. This is so irritating on the WoltLab support forums that I have decided to not upgrade any of my licenses until a better ignore feature is implemented.

• Yes this is a very important feature that is missing by the developers. If they do not add it like every other software works then staff need to remove trouble users that troll and that is more working for them instead of making important work on the site.

• How is fading the opacity of a user's post/reply blocking them?

I wondered about this same issue awhile back.:rolleyes:

However:

This is so irritating on the WoltLab support forums that I have decided to not upgrade any of my licenses until a better ignore feature is implemented.

A bit harsh ..... perhaps???

If enough of us let the Woltlab Developers know how we feel about this issue they probably will make some "adjustments" to the forum member "Blocking" issue!:)

• I'm sorry if this will sound harsh but Woltlab's ignore/block feature is the absolute worst I have ever seen with any forum platform. How is fading the opacity of a user's post/reply blocking them? Why do I get notices when a blocked user has replied to a thread I am watching? If you block a user you shouldn't be seeing any of their content period. This is so irritating on the WoltLab support forums that I have decided to not upgrade any of my licenses until a better ignore feature is implemented.

Agree.

Ignore should be ignore.

Out of sight, out of mind!:)

There is a more serious issue as well now, especially in light of all sex scandals like the Harvery Weinstein affair. Potentially, a arsehole lawyer could argue that a forum owner is allowing its members to be harassed due to the lack of this feature.

After racial hatred, sexual harassment and other bullying is becoming an extremely serious matter in the UK now and British courts are starting to hand down tougher sentences for such things. You can still kill someone and pretty get away with it, but say something nasty about someone else on the internet and you risk getting your door kicked in by the police at 5am.

I am a Newbie Admin. Please be gentle, I don't understand technical things.
    (Please can we have a full manual for this software)

• Marcel Werk 2. März 2020 um 16:54

Hat das Label Nicht geplant hinzugefügt.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!