Is a plugin like this possible with WoltLab?

woltlab.com will be unavailable from 17:45 (UTC+2) to perform system maintenance. This process will take approximately 10 minutes.
  • I want to know if a plugin like the one I have for XenForo is possible with WoltLab WSF 5.x. The XenForo add-on pulls information from The Movie Database website using their API and creates a thread when a link to a movie from their site is added to a thread title.

Here is an example of a thread/post that was created with the XenForo add-on:

Here is a link to TMDB API information https://www.themoviedb.org/documentation/api

Is something like this even possible with WoltLab?

• There is the "Article Pages" system for adding articles.

Why would you want a mod that just copies and paste the exact same information about movies, that any other site does using the same mod (duplicate content across different sites).

• Yes, it would be possible to create this using a plugin.

return null;

Browser: Firefox Nightly (64bit)

Betriebssystem: Windows 10

• I am working on a plugin that allows to add movie and actor information to posts and adds boxes that show top rated, popular and movie content discussed in the forums.

It will pull the movie information from tmdb and display it on movie pages and within the threads and boxes in the forum.

It's pretty much finished and should be available here in the plugin store soon.

• I am working on a plugin that allows to add movie and actor information to posts and adds boxes that show top rated, popular and movie content discussed in the forums.

It will pull the movie information from tmdb and display it on movie pages and within the threads and boxes in the forum.

It's pretty much finished and should be available here in the plugin store soon.

Awesome! I can't wait to see and purchase it.

• Paul can support the mod author to create it maybe? Pay him £10 hour.

since you make a offer of money you are goings to be helping funding the project.

• Huh? I never asked for it, Paul did.

You are have offered £10 per hour worked and has been asking more questions and requests so one can think you are helping to pay for the project.

• What? I have not asked for any requests, I asked if it pulled the movie trailer. As the API lets you do that if this mod uses the same site that the XenForo movie mod uses, and didn't see any video trailer displayed in them mock-up screenies posted

• Batarjal Really good. But why for suite forum and not article system? I don't need the suite forum. :(

And only for this a suite forum ... :|

I want it for the forum. I think people/members will engage more with a plugin like this if it's used with the forum and not an article system.

• Batarjal Really good. But why for suite forum and not article system? I don't need the suite forum. :(

And only for this a suite forum ... :|

To be honest, you can do a better job than this mod can - by adding movies manually, if you use the article system proper to its full extent, which I have done by adding extra TAG box for articles, plus other custom boxes for it used on my demo site of WBB 3.1. I don't really think this mod would be suitable for use with the article pages and is really best suited used with the forum.

It makes adding movies on the forum a breeze, but it will never beat using the articles pages for it, but then that requires adding movies the hard way manually.