Quote becomes Wrote

• App
    WoltLab Suite Core

When clicking the Quote button in the editor, the pop up box says Quote, but once its submitted it says Wrote.

I use the Quote button not to quote other members (there are much easier ways, courtesy of WoltLab's software, for quoting other members) but I use this box to put information in from news websites, quite often from the BBC.

If no information is put into the Edit Quote box, such as a source, after clicking submit, the quote box looks like this:

Zitat

German Chancellor Angela Merkel has said she would prefer new elections to leading a minority government, after a breakdown in coalition talks plunged the country into political crisis.

But if, as I always do, I put information into the Edit Quote box, the word Quote is changed to Wrote after submitting which looks like this:

German Chancellor Angela Merkel has said she would prefer new elections to leading a minority government, after a breakdown in coalition talks plunged the country into political crisis.

Can this be corrected to show the words "Quote from" instead of "Wrote", as illustrated here?:

Many thanks

Jupiter

I am a Newbie Admin. Please be gentle, I don't understand technical things.
    (Please can we have a full manual for this software)

• Yeah easy ...

Go to your acp

Customisation -> manage phrases ->

Search for wcf.bbcode.quote.title and replace the {$quoteAuthor} wrote: with Quote from {$quoteAuthor}:, tick the checkbox and save.

• Oh, and I've spotted another phrase too wcf.bbcode.quote.title.javascript where the content is {literal}{$quoteAuthor} wrote:{/literal} - I'd imagine you replace the contents with {literal}Quote from {$quoteAuthor}:{/literal}.

• Thanks Moonclamp.

Problem is, neither of us know exactly how those two phrases relate to each other or with the wider software.

I'll see what WoltLab say about this first before tinkering with the phrases myself.

Appreciate your help here.:thumbup:

I am a Newbie Admin. Please be gentle, I don't understand technical things.
    (Please can we have a full manual for this software)

• Offizieller Beitrag

Problem is, neither of us know exactly how those two phrases relate to each other or with the wider software.

wcf.bbcode.quote.title is shown in the final message, wcf.bbcode.quote.title.javascript on the other is used inside the editor and must be a simplified version at all times, for example it must not include quotation marks.

Alexander Ebert
    Senior Developer WoltLab® GmbH

• Marcel Werk 6. Mai 2018 um 20:23

Hat das Label Geplant hinzugefügt.
  • Marcel Werk 6. Mai 2018 um 20:23

Hat das Label 3.2.x hinzugefügt.
  • Tim Düsterhus 14. September 2018 um 14:40

Hat das Label von Geplant auf Umgesetzt geändert.
  • Tim Düsterhus 14. September 2018 um 14:40

Hat das Label von 3.2.x auf 3.1.x geändert.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!