Editor problems

• Betroffene App
    WoltLab Suite Core

Pasting text adds extra lines when using code tags, while using Firefox. Example:

CSS
    .messageSidebar .userAvatar {

display: inline-block;

position: relative;

margin-bottom: 10px;

}

Sometimes when typing a long reply in the editor an extra line will be added to the text when there is still room for more text in the editor on the same line.

• Where do you paste the text from? A website or an editor? Do you add the code block first and then paste the contents, or the other way around by first pasting and then wrapping it into a code block?

It doesn’t seem to matter where the text comes from, sometimes it’s from Inspect Element, sometimes it’s from a style’s Advanced Settings field. I usually type the code tag before pasting the text.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Copied straight from Firefox' Inspect element:

Code
    dl:not(.plain) > dd > small:not(.innerError) {
        color: rgba(125, 130, 135, 1);
        display: block;
        margin-top: 3px;
    }

And copied from the ACP style editor:

Code
    }

Test from the same content copied in Notepad:

Code
    }

I've wrote this post with Firefox 57.0 (64-Bit), all contents above was copied from inside Firefox.

Are you using an older version, or am I severely overlooking something here?

• Offizieller Beitrag

I’m using the latest version of Firefox, it was just released a few days ago. This was going on with the prior version as well.

You are able to reproduce this exact behavior right now here on woltlab.com? Which operating system are you using? I have not been able to reproduce the problem so far, therefore every tiny bit of additional information can help me to understand the cause of all of this.

• Pasting text adds extra lines when using code tags, while using Firefox. Example:

CSS
    .messageSidebar .userAvatar {

display: inline-block;

position: relative;

margin-bottom: 10px;

}

Sometimes when typing a long reply in the editor an extra line will be added to the text when there is still room for more text in the editor on the same line.

There is an option now with WBB 3.1 in BETA to disable by default users posting text from other sites including the formatting. You can make all members now "by default" paste text (as plain text).

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von NicoleSophie (17. November 2017 um 20:33)

• Seems I have double spacing line here as pjk.

Code

}
    • Offizieller Beitrag
    Code
    }
    Code
    }

Both were copied inside Firefox, the first one using the code viewer, the second straight from the visible post. I assume you're using Firefox 57 too? Did you copy the contents from somewhere else, e. g. am I missing something here?

• Copied from your above list and reposted latest version of safari on latest iOS

Code

}

Code tags typed out as I go.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Urg (19. November 2017 um 12:52)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!