Document / website background

• Anyone know the css for the overall website background colour - I want to make the surrounding whitespace a little less white. 8)

I know I'm asking a lot of questions, but this is new to me and I'm enthusiastic - so apologies if it all gets too much. :S

• In the color palette under wcfContent > $wcfContentBackground.

Ah i see - which isn't quite what I was hoping for. :/

I was hoping that the surrounding whitespace would be different to the forum/gallery/pages content. (a bit like on here I suppose)

• I was hoping that the surrounding whitespace would be different to the forum/gallery/pages content. (a bit like on here I suppose)

I'm afraid I don't know what you mean. $wcfContentBackground changes the page background, it's color is #fafafa. If you want to change the background color of the post area (content area) use this:

CSS
    .content > .section, .content > form {
    background-color: #fff;
    }
  • I guess we're looking at a different version of the forum software here - in desktop view:

On here (WSC 3.1.0 b2), the whitespace is boundaried by a slightly pale blue background

On WSC 3.0.8 the content whitespace extends the whole width of the site.

It's a very subtle difference.

• On here (WSC 3.1.0 b2), the whitespace is boundaried by a slightly pale blue background

Actually, it is a light shade of grey - your screen is slightly shifted towards blue. The inner content here is pure white, while the outer color (peceived as slightly pale blue by you) is the same in 3.0, wcfContent > $wcfContentBackground is the value you're looking for, regardless of the version.

Alexander Ebert
    Senior Developer WoltLab® GmbH

• Actually, it is a light shade of grey - your screen is slightly shifted towards blue. The inner content here is pure white, while the outer color (peceived as slightly pale blue by you) is the same in 3.0, wcfContent > $wcfContentBackground is the value you're looking for, regardless of the version.

However, after adjusting my version I see no difference between the content background and the page background - the both get adjusted at the same time.

• However, after adjusting my version I see no difference between the content background and the page background - the both get adjusted at the same time.

Oh, I thought you were referring to something else, my bad. The content container layout was added in 3.1 through a set of changes and new style variables, it simply does not exist in 3.0.

Alexander Ebert
    Senior Developer WoltLab® GmbH

• Oh, I thought you were referring to something else, my bad. The content container layout was added in 3.1 through a set of changes and new style variables, it simply does not exist in 3.0.

Ah OK.

Something to look forward to :)