Forum replies displayed on Dashboard to guests when forum is setup to only show first post to guests

• I see testing the new Beta 3.1. There is an option in the forum settings to only display so many forum posts to guests before they are asked to login to read other replies.

I tested this out by setting guests can only read 1 forum post, then made a reply as a member logged in on the forum and looked at Dashboard area as a guest. I can see that second reply made in the forum topic as a guest displayed on Dashboard - that I would get asked to login on the forum to view it.

• NicoleSophie

Changed the title of the thread from “Forum replies displayed on Bashboard to guests when forum is setup to only show first post to guests” to “Forum replies displayed on Dashboard to guests when forum is setup to only show first post to guests”.
  • Yes, I know. I was not reporting it as a bug as I suspect that is just the way it works with Dashboard, as it also pulls replies into search as well hidden from guests (still shown in search results to them).

It was a suggestion to improve it.