Changing the header height / padding

• I'm a new user so forgive me if this has already been answered - or if it's obvious and I haven't yet discovered it.

I want to change the padding / spacing above and below my logo - it seems to take up too much space relative to the logo image.

Is there a custom .css I can add to change this, or does it involved a template edit - and if so, what would that be?

• Add this to the additional CSS/SCSS of the style:

CSS
    @include screen-lg {
        .pageHeaderFacade > .layoutBoundary {
            padding-bottom: 30px;
            padding-top: 30px;
        }
    }

30px is the default value, you should decrease both values by the same amount to keep the image vertically centered.

Alexander Ebert
    Senior Developer WoltLab® GmbH

• What are you looking for?

At the moment I'm thinking of reducing the whitespace above the page title and maybe moving the notices into that area too.

I'm also toying with the idea of removing the header area completely and moving the logo into the menu area, just before the dashboard link.

There will probably be other things too, but I've only had the software a couple of days :)

• reducing the whitespace above the page title

That's the padding from the .main-container, you can use this rule to adjust it (again, using the default value):

CSS
    @include screen-lg {
    .main {
    padding: 30px 0;
    }
    }

padding: 30px 0; is a short-hand and basically means: 30px for top and bottom, rest none (^= 0).

Alexander Ebert
    Senior Developer WoltLab® GmbH

• There will probably be other things too, but I've only had the software a couple of days :)

You're coming up with brilliant ideas, Moonclamp!

I am a Newbie Admin. Please be gentle, I don't understand technical things.
    (Please can we have a full manual for this software)

• I really like this platform -- I ask a lot of questions as I have a lot to learn, and while it's not 100% everything I want, and could do with a comprehensive user guide, it's definitely got a whole lot of potential.

I think I made a good choice to move.

• I like it too, but unlike you, I haven't got a clue what I'm doing.:)

I am a Newbie Admin. Please be gentle, I don't understand technical things.
    (Please can we have a full manual for this software)