Comments counter is decreased when deleting disabled comments

• Betroffene App
    WoltLab Suite Core

I have 3 guest comments posted on an article. It showed 3 comments posted on main article page for that article. But since 4 guest comments have been made, all deleted all four via guest moderation. Now it shows -1 comments posted for that article - even though it has 3 comments listed from guests

• NicoleSophie 30. Oktober 2017 um 23:09

Hat den Titel des Themas von „Comments posted on articles are couning down to -1 when you delete a guest comment submitted“ zu „Comments posted on articles are counting down to -1 when you delete a guest comment submitted into moderation“ geändert.
  • Another problem it seems spotted. I just posted another comment reply (but on my account) that didn't need moderating back to the article. And when I view comments my last comment is not displayed to me. But if I view that article as a "guest" I can see the last comment I just posted.

• Is that on the http://woltlabsuite.com/ site you're running? BTW, why did you choose that domain?

Seeing as you are trying to cause trouble for me by posting the domain I registered, along with your buddy David Dotson (SneakyDave) sending WoltLab a tweet in twitter saying about the domain also. Just for the record Paul so WoltLab staff know. It isn't funny when the Beta version was installed on it other day, that either you or SneakyDave (David Dotson) was trying to register Tim Düsterhus on the site - so you could try and make it look at though I was 'messing around' registering staff from here on the demo site.

I will ask WoltLab staff here now. I would have sent a convo to Alexander Ebert, but see he isn't accepting private messages. Do you have an issue with me using that domain? If you do I won't use it to install your software on, or any software for that matter and will just let the domain expire next year.

3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von NicoleSophie (3. November 2017 um 19:43)

• Offizieller Beitrag

Do you have an issue with me using that domain?

"WoltLab" is a registered trademark and may not be used without our written consent.

Edit: I have removed some posts in this thread that pretty much were a mud fight. I don't know what kind of back story is behind of some of this, and honestly this is none of my business. If you want to discuss our software, you're more than welcome, but please avoid bringing personal issues up, this isn't the right place for this.

• "WoltLab" is a registered trademark and may not be used without our written consent.

Thanks, that's all I wanted to know. I never registered it with any ill intent. I just thought at time it was a good name to run the demo on because it matched name of the product. But fair enough, I won't use it for a site then at all and just let it expire next year, as it's only registered for 12 months and is 5 months old already.

Just wanted to clear that up before I thought about using it again. I'll point it away from the hosting then and back to a parked page

• Alexander Ebert , this post should have been removed as well Comments posted on articles are counting down to -1 when you delete a guest comment submitted into moderation

GTB imagines all sorts of crazy things and accuses people of doing things without any kind of proof other than what he thinks up in his head. You can see what I mean by reading his comments in his shoutbox here http://gtbforum.com/

GTB is the reason non customers cannot make comments on files in the Plugin-Store. This action was taken by Marcel Werk after GTB made many false claims that some files were full of bugs. Unfortunately the block feature does not allow you to ignore a member so I've asked several times for something to be done about GTB and that seems to have fallen on deaf ears.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Unfortunately the block feature does not allow you to ignore a member

Actually it does, it visually hides their threads and collapses their posts. At least in 3.1 ;)

Regarding your statement on GTB's post: I found it a bit difficult to leave the post intact at least to still give him a proper answer without my post appearing to be out of context. I was primarily removing those posts that were completely off topic and his post was somewhat on the verge. Then again, none of you behaved that well, so I guess nobody is innocent in this game.

Again, I would really appreciate if we could draw a line here, and leave this matter alltogether. Discussing this out in public isn't going to solve this at all and we're just going to pretend here that each of you wants to put an end to it ;)

• Wrong Paul, that was a bug I spotted. This topic was about that bug until you hijacked it with your nonsense.

If you look in the screenshot displayed in the first post. It shows there is 3 comments posted on an article, but it shows -1 comments made.

• Alexander Ebert 7. November 2017 um 12:16

Hat den Titel des Themas von „Comments posted on articles are counting down to -1 when you delete a guest comment submitted into moderation“ zu „Comments counter is decreased when deleting disabled comments“ geändert.
  • Alexander Ebert 7. November 2017 um 12:24

Hat das Label Behoben hinzugefügt.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!