How to Delete Dashboard?

• With the Square ?

And why can I not disable that, or make a different page the landing page ? Sure, taking it out of the menu is fine, but the main url would always go back to the dashboard, since its the landing page.

• With the Square ?

And why can I not disable that, or make a different page the landing page ? Sure, taking it out of the menu is fine, but the main url would always go back to the dashboard, since its the landing page.

go to page

dashboard disable page and choose another page to landing page

• With the Square ?

As Marc just explained, you can, but if there were a manual to explain all this stuff, it would be so much easier for new users to Woltlab to manage their sites effectively.

I am a Newbie Admin. Please be gentle, I don't understand technical things.
    (Please can we have a full manual for this software)

• As Marc just explained, you can, but if there were a manual to explain all this stuff, it would be so much easier for new users to Woltlab to manage their sites effectively.

sure a manual is a good think but you must read it ;) and a lot of people don't read it and a lot of people don't use the search with dashboard redirect by exemple ...

• As Marc just explained, you can, but if there were a manual to explain all this stuff, it would be so much easier for new users to Woltlab to manage their sites effectively.

With all the posts you have made Jupiter (and the comments contained thereto from others on this forum) that mention the subject of having a "manual", I still am of the opinion that YOU are right in insisting there be a manual.

sure a manual is a good think but you must read it ;) and a lot of people don't read it and a lot of people don't use the search with dashboard redirect by exemple ...

As for your reply Marc: "a lot of people don't read it" e.g., the manual; then that is their problem, isn't it ?

Let's don't "punish" the majority of us, who would use and appreciate a manual, because of the laziness(?) of some others!:rolleyes:

For those of us who WOULD READ IT, it is a definite advantage to have a manual!:)

DJ

Life’s a Bitch … have a 4um! - DJ

• Sure a manual is the solution by exemple vbulletin have a manual and in their forum for help 6756 post , xenforo have a manual in their forum 3900 post for the actual version ....

DO you think that a manual explain how to disable the dashboard ?

do you think that a manual explain how to change the icon forum ?

do you think that a manual explain how to change the css for the main page ?

I translate one or two manual in english to french by year and i use this , it is a pity because you have 10 page to explain something that everybpdy understand and you have ten lines for something very important.

You hope to have a super manual , i make this post Usefull thread

Vbulettin have tutorials and xenforo too , i think but it is my opinion that is beter than have a manual with name : enter the name of the page , order : use a number to see the box first with a little number or increase the number to put the box at the end of the page ....