Who here switched from vbulletin to woltlab forum?

• I'm a vbulletin user for 10 years. I've been trying WSF for a couple of weeks now. I like WSF and want to just migrate my forum to it, but I'm concerned that at some point I'll realize some essential functionality is missing. It's hard to check everything before taking the plunge because a lot of settings and adjustments I haven't had to touch in my vbulletin forum for years, and will not remember about it until I'll run into a feature I need and is missing in WSF. So I wonder how many experienced vbulletin users made the switch to WSF. If you're one please post and mention anything you miss from vbulletin if at all.

• I can't help, I'm afraid.

Although I have used vb3 and 4 forums for years, I've only been a admin since the beginning of this year and only had a vb5 forum for a few months before I switched to Woltlab.

The biggest omissions were a lack of a feature showing a user's own posts, although there is a plugin for that, and a lack of a cancel button in the editor box. The fact that there is no manual makes it very hard to compare feature sets between the two.

I'm still struggling setting up my forum, due to lack of manual and sufficient expertise, which is what makes a manual ever more critical.

I am a Newbie Admin. Please be gentle, I don't understand technical things.
    (Please can we have a full manual for this software)

• What do you mean "a feature showing a user's own posts"? To find my posts I can use search or go to my profile and click on my name.

I can't remember ever looking at the vb manual other than for the install and update procedures. The vb admin cp is intuitive and I would normally be able to find the settings I needed by just clicking through everything. If not then a google search would yield the answers. WSF is a different experience both intuitive wise and availability of information. But support from the developers has been prompt so far.

• What do you mean "a feature showing a user's own posts"? To find my posts I can use search or go to my profile and click on my name.

Some of us moaned that there was no feature to see your own posts in the menu, so somebody created a plugin for it which works great. Search for "Own Post List" by Kittmedia.

• According to the bottom of this page, we're about to get a major software upgrade, so look out for that dan1. Some of the moans/issues some of us have expressed here, maybe addressed with this version. Bit odd of Woltlab to implement it on their own forum without any kind of announcement.

• According to the bottom of this page, we're about to get a major software upgrade, so look out for that dan1. Some of the moans/issues some of us have expressed here, maybe addressed with this version. Bit odd of Woltlab to implement it on their own forum without any kind of announcement.

It's an alpha version to spit it out on us for testing OK purposes :) they usually install the first versions here to get some first hand feedback, then beta.woltlab.com will be opened for more testing (usually) then open beta versions will be made available, then the gold release :)

• Offizieller Beitrag

they usually install the first versions here to get some first hand feedback, then beta.woltlab.com will be opened for more testing (usually)

Actually, beta.woltlab.com is only used when we cannot upgrade woltlab.com to the new version right away. Therefore, once we believe that this version is stable enough, we'll give out the Beta 1.

Alexander Ebert
    Senior Developer WoltLab® GmbH

• I don't think so. Within the last couple of years, the Forums application and the frameworks were the first applications that have been made available as a public beta to everyone, which you can see within the Announcements forum.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!