Image-based access control

• App
    WoltLab Suite Gallery

The gallery needs better permissions. For instance, if you have just one image in an album that you don't want the general public to see, you have to hide the entire album. It would be nice if the option to hide individual images existed.

• Well you should be able to control that with gallery categories. Just create a category "private" and restrict the users who can view that category. Now put the particular image in that category (and only that category). I think this should solve your issue.

• Well you should be able to control that with gallery categories. Just create a category "private" and restrict the users who can view that category. Now put the particular image in that category (and only that category). I think this should solve your issue.

If you have a hundred images from a vacation and you don't want the general public to see one or two of those images, why should you have to have two categories for them?

• Well, because you might have the categories "public vacation images" and "private vacation images", all images sorted in one of the two categories, and then all images put in album "vaction images". The result would be one album to publish, and two possible viewer groups, those who can access category A and those who could access category B.

• Well, because you might have the categories "public vacation images" and "private vacation images", all images sorted in one of the two categories, and then all images put in album "vaction images". The result would be one album to publish, and two possible viewer groups, those who can access category A and those who could access category B.

It seems pretty unnecessary to create an entire new category for just a few images. I really hate clutter and creating new categories and albums all the time is clutter.

• The gallery needs better permissions. For instance, if you have just one image in an album that you don't want the general public to see, you have to hide the entire album. It would be nice if the option to hide individual images existed.

I think your comment about "better permissions" needed for Gallery is a VALID one!

It seems pretty unnecessary to create an entire new category for just a few images. I really hate clutter and creating new categories and albums all the time is clutter.

I totally agree.

At the present time my original License for Gallery cannot be used with the current version of WSC; I would like to "extend" my License now

however I am not sure I should, but perhaps wait until the newest version is available when WSC 3.1.x is released.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!