No login/user features in the top on Internet Explorer

• Edit: Removed attachments.

Hello,

Today while working on our forums page we've noticed the login button and other user features located at the top of the page are missing in Internet Explorer, while they are present in any other browser (so far).

I've attached 3 screenshots. One of Google Chrome logged in to the forums. You see all user featues at the top right corner.

The other one is from Mozilla Firefox logged out from the forums. You see a login button at the top right corner.

The last one is from Internet Explorer. You see no login button at the top right corner.

I've tried disabling maintenance mode and enabling user registration. This didn't work.

How will we be able to resolve this issue?

We're looking forward to a reply.

Greetings,

Martijn

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Martijn2111 (27. Juli 2017 um 14:22)

• Offizieller Beitrag

There is an issue with the z-index that causes the login link to be visually hidden behind some other element.

CSS
    #userLogin > .loginLink {
        position: relative; /* <-- this is required to enable `z-index` for this element */
        z-index: 1;
    }
    • Offizieller Beitrag

Seems like it's fixed. Is this the correct fix?

Both yes and no. Actually there is something wrong with your style and the suggested code above works around the issue. It should be without side-effects, so unless you experience some new issues with the login link, you could just move on and forget about it. Or ask the style creator to take a look at it and fix the cause of the whole thing.

• Okay. Thank you very much for helping us out on such short notice.

Before making a thread here, I've submitted a ticket from my account. Sorry about that double stuff. You can ignore that ticket.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!