I need to hire a developer! Proposal way to spend points. I will pay a developer to make this happen

• I'd like to pay a developer for this. Can someone contact me and give me a price?

What'd I'd like is the ability for members to spend their points on things. I would like these features.

1. Ability to allow members to pin any thread by using/spending a set amount of points. Say 100 points and you can pin your own thread and the thread that get's pinned stays pinned for a predetermined time

2. Use points to upgrade membership for a month. Like, 1000 points and the user can join a normally "paid" membership group for a month

3. Use points to buy downloads and other things, like trophies.

I need to hire someone who can do this. Is this possible?

• I'm still struggling with setting up the basics on my forum at the moment (a manual would've eliminated the bulk of my wasted time...) but I might be interested in this too. Although I suppose there are paypal plug-ins available, so people could upgrade their memberships via that?

I don't really understand all the points aspect of Woltlab yet, but I guess I'll get there in the end...

I am a Newbie Admin. Please be gentle, I don't understand technical things.
    (Please can we have a full manual for this software)

• I'm still struggling with setting up the basics on my forum at the moment (a manual would've eliminated the bulk of my wasted time...) but I might be interested in this too. Although I suppose there are paypal plug-ins available, so people could upgrade their memberships via that?

I don't really understand all the points aspect of Woltlab yet, but I guess I'll get there in the end...

What I'd like is for the built in points system to be able to be used. It would give people incentive to get points.... and post and be active. People love to earn and collect things.

I have a very social forum and this would be super popular. In fact, my users are always asking me what they can use their points for.

Please, if you are able to do this for me, please contact me and we can figure out a price.

:)

• What about jcoins.have you looked into that? Maybe UdoZ could implement that pinned threads request into the system.

I'd want this to use the built in point system.

Probably would be have to be a secondary point system though, so when people spend points it doesn't drop them in rank, or whatever.

So it could simply be a system that gives members a bank of these points based on how many Woltlab points they earn, but when you use these points it does not change the value of the built in points, only the secondary points system. Maybe call them perk points... or let the Admin name them whatever they want.

So basically, these "perk" points would be added or taken away based on the built in point system, but when I user "spends" their points it does not change the built in point value.

• I'm still looking to hire a developer for this and other things I would like to customize for my forum.

Can someone contact me, or let me know who I should contact?

Thank you!

:)

p.s. I've never hired a developer before and I don't know how the process would normally work or where to look outside of Woltlab's community. Would someone I hire need to be familiar with Woltlab software for this to be done?

• I posted in the plug ins section last month about someone designing me a forum logo, header and customised sytle etc, but there was no reply, so I'll post it over to the Admin Zone instead and not bother with such requests here again.

As per your earlier query to me, points is not a priority for me at the moment, so it's not something I would want to get a developer for - at the moment, there are just too many other things that need doing.

It would be nice if people that ran mature forums, posted a checklist of what you should do if you want to start a forum, to help us newbies out.

I am a Newbie Admin. Please be gentle, I don't understand technical things.
    (Please can we have a full manual for this software)

• I posted in the plug ins section last month about someone designing me a forum logo, header and customised sytle etc, but there was no reply, so I'll post it over to the Admin Zone instead and not bother with such requests here again.

As per your earlier query to me, points is not a priority for me at the moment, so it's not something I would want to get a developer for - at the moment, there are just too many other things that need doing.

It would be nice if people that ran mature forums, posted a checklist of what you should do if you want to start a forum, to help us newbies out.

I wasn't sure where the best place to post my request for a developer. Maybe it would be good to have a forum for such requests?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!