SEO on WS3

• As per my original post, almost two months now since I changed my forum over to Woltlab software and my forum is still completely missing from Google's rankings.

Is this normal? Does anyone have any suggestions on what I might be able to do, or reply to some of my original questions?

There are some new threads and posts on my forum everyday and there are over five thousand posts on my forum in total. So, it's not a case of there being nothing on my forum.

I am getting no new members from search engines at all and am really struggling, thanks.||

Yours desperately

Jupiter

I am a Newbie Admin. Please be gentle, I don't understand technical things.
    (Please can we have a full manual for this software)

• Jupiter Have you read this guide GerWonder yet?

Can someone at woltlab please double check that this guide is applicable to vbulletin 5, as I asked a month ago?

I copied the details in that guide straight into my .htaccess file a month ago and I keep getting 403 and 404 errors from Google's webmaster tools.

• i was actually suffering the same thing here. maybe worst, i couldn't redirect the old url due plugin limitations.

google has start to pick my new url, but I think, my visitors are not as high as used to be.

• zukro

How long did it take for google to find all your new urls and restore your site's rankings within their search results? My site is nowhere to been. Not happy, at all. :cursing:

Plus, I've been reading other stuff here about sitemaps and Woltlab has no inbuilt sitemap feature (unlike all other forum software) because the developers here believe sitemaps are irrelevant now. Google says differently...as do my site's rankings.

• I generate sitemap manually and submit them to google.

I am not sure whether all url have been indexed. but i lost several first position in google search result.

fortunately I have another source of visitor, ie Facebook fans page.

• I switched from vb3 to woltlab but before that , I asked the Woltlab support for proper redirects.

This is what should be dont before you finalize your mgration.

But there is always a drop in the visitors at first which is bcause of the structure of your site which is changed and structure of individual pages which are different from vb.

Now after a year with some customized SEO enhancements in WBB, my visitors are even more than the time which I was on vb.

Totally happy with WBB.

• Now after a year with some customized SEO enhancements in WBB,

Is this something that a plug-in has done for you?

Very interested in improving SEO on my site.

thanks

• No, no plugins.

I just made my site to load faster and have done some placements for the content .

I have several forums and I have to say WBB was one of the easiest to optimize , because it is already so fast.

I believe it would definitely better if you set the redirects even now, because you may have some backlinks in other websites and social media .

And regarding SEO the only plugin which I installed for SEO is XML Sitemaps which in my opinion is vital for google to understands your site's structure.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!