Sub-Albums

• App
    WoltLab Suite Gallery

I have a gardening pictures album on my site, but I'd like to have sub-folders/sub-albums in there for different sets of pictures, ie by Season, or by type of plant etc.

Can you please consider adding sub folders/albums to the gallery?

Many thanks!

Jupiter

I am a Newbie Admin. Please be gentle, I don't understand technical things.
    (Please can we have a full manual for this software)

• HI Jupiter,

your suggestion is an good idea. I also like to devide content wherever it's possible or necessary.

In my galleries I categorize my images and albums by the normal "category" function. A lot of users were happy and satisfied since Woltlab realized the sub-category function. Also the tagging-system could be a way to categorize content, but in our case it fits not so much.

Perhaps you take a short look in my forum/gallery (no need to register) where you can see that it's possible to have a clear separation for your images/content.

And I'm not at the end, it's only the basic structure which grows time after time.

For example you make a category seasons - spring, summer, autumn, winter - spring (indoor, outdoor) ...whatever you want to show.

By making subfolders for albums the whole view, or by other words the "design" how the overview is published seems to be very difficult to realize by the developers. Or do you have an idea how the overview and normal view should be realized?

Example for my categories in gallery 2.1

• The categories is a great idea Dukemaster, but that shows categories from all posters. If I just want to see my own pictures, I need sub folders for that. Same with tags, that will show content from all users, rather than just my own.

I am a Newbie Admin. Please be gentle, I don't understand technical things.
    (Please can we have a full manual for this software)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!