Failed Login Attempts. Member Name in black writing. What does it mean?

• Betroffene Version
    WoltLab Suite 3.0

Hi all

In the Failed Login Attempts of the admincp, up until now, all the members that have tried to login but failed show up in orange writing. I now have a member there listed in black writing. What does this mean? See here:

Many thanks!

Jupiter

I am a Newbie Admin. Please be gentle, I don't understand technical things.
    (Please can we have a full manual for this software)

• Thank you Mystery Code for that. :thumbup:

Could that mean the person is a spammer trying to get into my forum?

• Yeah this could mean it's a bot trying to get inside your forum. Or a typo used by an actual member.

I have one Forum Member who, nearly every time he logs in, types in (apparently) an incorrect Password.

So I get the same situation in "failed logins" as Jupiter does - (in red).

• So I get the same situation in "failed logins" as Jupiter does - (in red).

Well, that's a separate question then, because the "normal" failed login attempts are in orange writing.

Can someone please explain what failed login attempts in red writing means please? I've not had this yet, but I am interested to know.

Many thanks!

Jupiter

• Well, that's a separate question then, because the "normal" failed login attempts are in orange writing.

Can someone please explain what failed login attempts in red writing means please? I've not had this yet, but I am interested to know.

Many thanks!

Jupiter

Hi Jupiter,

I just checked my "failed login attempts" (in ACP).

Only Black and Red, no Orange.

Anyway, this "statistic" has come to be one that I can count on being there in the ACP>Failed Login Attempts;

generated by the carelessness(?) of this one Forum Member.

Probably I should make up some sort of Announcement or Post reminding Members to be careful when typing in their Passwords.

DJ

• Interesting Ruff Seas, I've had not had any failed login attempts in red writing yet.

As said in post one, most of the failed attempts were in orange writing, perhaps someone can explain the differences between the different colours. I don't want to @ a developer yet, because I don't know if that would annoy them. But perhaps one of them can explain.

• Offizieller Beitrag

As said in post one, most of the failed attempts were in orange writing, perhaps someone can explain the differences between the different colours.

There is no red marking, only the dark shade of orange used as link color. Possibly the used display isn't configured properly and shows it a bit darker, making it appears more like red.

That said, if the username exists, there will be a link that points to the user edit form, and because it is a link, it appears in the typical link color. If the username is unknown, then there is nothing we can link to, hence there is no link and the name is displayed in the ordinary text color.

There is no magic meaning behind this or any other sort of color coding, it is just how links appear all over the software.

Alexander Ebert
    Senior Developer WoltLab® GmbH

• Thank you for that Alexander.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!