Make IP ADDRESSES available in ACP >Users

• It was suggested to me that I should make a "suggestion" for the New Version of WSC (of when that eventually occurs).

I am referring directly to the Thread (and posts therewith) pertaining to "IP Addresses".

It would be helpful, I believe - for most if not all Woltlab Customers - to have the Forum Software to always show / display the IP ADDRESS

of ANY individual who registers as a Member to one's Forum.

Just recently I had the annoying experience of an individual who registered as a Member of my Forum - he did so by using a FAKE (false) Email Address.

I wanted to to Black List his(?) IP Address that he used when registering on my forum, but alas I could NOT do this because his IP Address wasn't available

in the ACP > Users area. And because he did NOT start any threads and/or make posts to existing Threads, there was no way to obtain his IP Address.

One Member of Woltlab Forum stated that there is a Plugin which, if purchased by me (or other Woltlab Forum Software Purchasers), which will show

the IP Address of anyone who registers as a member to one's forum.

AND, that the IP Address info is available by going into the Data Base.

However, I am NOT an expert - by any stretch of one's imagination - an expert in those technical areas!

I feel at ill-at-ease when it comes to messing around in technical areas of which I know little or nothing about.

So to me it makes sense I believe that Woltlab would make the next version of WSC with the IP ADDRESS info showing up in the ACP / User area.

DJ

• I full agree with that and to add to that, can the whole way members are displayed in the members area and various members menu items be tweaked as well as in the admincp-users area?

When you click on the various menu items for Members it would be helpful if the information, including IPs were displayed in columns exactly like you do it for the failed login area. It is brilliant and very helpful. Can we have this applied everywhere please like this?:

I am a Newbie Admin. Please be gentle, I don't understand technical things.
    (Please can we have a full manual for this software)

• The registration-IP is actually stored by default, its just not shown in the user list in Order to keep the list small enough to be properly displayed on even smaller devices.

But there really should be a way to display that information...

• The registration-IP is actually stored by default, its just not shown in the user list in Order to keep the list small enough to be properly displayed on even smaller devices.

But there really should be a way to display that information...

"But there really should be a way to display that information... "

Yes, I agree with you on that!:)

• He is using the same version, maybe he simple installed the plugin ip tools by SoftCreatR

I thought it needed some changes but seems to work

In another Category / Post it seems I remember SoftCreatR saying he was going to develop a Plugin for showing the IP Address

of Users in the ACP. But for right now, I don't see anything listed under his name.

The current IP Tools Plugin is listed in Plugin-Store as supporting only 4.1.x; nothing about WSC 3.0.5

• Ruff Seas

Woltlab has implemented this for the future. Noticed it in their github section.

Well done Woltlab.:thumbup::thumbup:

I am a Newbie Admin. Please be gentle, I don't understand technical things.
    (Please can we have a full manual for this software)