Has anyone integrated CometChat into 3.0 suite?

• Betroffene Version
    WoltLab Suite 3.0

Just purchased cometchat

The install is really simple but I can't get it to communicate with the users in the database so far. They have an install script for Burning Board, and it does install it's tables into the database but I suspect their installer is for an earlier version of WBB.

I'm waiting on their technical assistance now but thought I'd ask you guys if anyone here has used cometchat.

The chat system embeds with a script and it works for guests but it just does not talk to the user tables on WBB, so no user integration like it's supposed to have.

I think it's just a few entries in the .php file that points to the tables but I can't figure it out.

• Oh, the database information and table prefix and names in the config.php are correct and match my database, but something is not allowing it to grab the user information for login purposes.

• Aah. You use the newest WBB. I can't help in this case.

CometChat works fine with my WBB 4.1. All users will be identified in my database.

Send a ticket to CometChat support. Usually they'll answer very quick.

• Aah. You use the newest WBB. I can't help in this case.

CometChat works fine with my WBB 4.1. All users will be identified in my database.

Send a ticket to CometChat support. Usually they'll answer very quick.

Thank you for having a look, Wurstdieb. I've been waiting for them to help.

They at first directed me to the install instructions for WBB, but I think they might not know that there is a newer version. I explained it.

I'm almost ready to pay them the $75.00 to install it for me, but I know it's just a few minor settings.

• Wurstdieb I saw that this morning! :)

The people from cometchat got it to work with the registered users now, but some things are still not quite right. It doesn't show user avatars, for instance.

Whatever they did must have been minor, because they were able to do it from the cometchat admin login. The didn't need access to anything on my server otherwise. I'm thinking it might have been the cache settings.... but that's just a guess.

I hope you like women, because that's mostly what we are there!

:)

• Black Star , läuft der Chat mittlerweile einwandfrei inkl. Avatar-Anzeige etc?

They did get all of it working, but then there was an upgrade to Cometchat and the upgrade wrote over whatever custom settings they made to get it to work. The cometchat website says that it integrates into Burning Board but it doesn't with WSC 3.x from what I see.

So I deleted it from my server and consider it a waste of 200 dollars.

• ArrowChat should work - i only use it with IPS4, and had it working with WBB 4.1, but they told me to support all versions of WBB (but not Betas). Perhaps that's somethin for you... I like ArrowChat.

Viele Grüsse aus Stuttgart, Kind Regards from Stuttgart
    TheSonic

• They did get all of it working, but then there was an upgrade to Cometchat and the upgrade wrote over whatever custom settings they made to get it to work. The cometchat website says that it integrates into Burning Board but it doesn't with WSC 3.x from what I see.

So I deleted it from my server and consider it a waste of 200 dollars.

Can't they make the same custom adjustments they made before?

• ArrowChat should work - i only use it with IPS4, and had it working with WBB 4.1, but they told me to support all versions of WBB (but not Betas). Perhaps that's somethin for you... I like ArrowChat.

Probably, but we went back and forth for three days because there was some error with file permissions when I gave them shell access to my server and I got tired of dealing with it. I'm not blaming them for that, but I just got tired of waiting a day between each communication with them.

I had asked them the first time they fixed it if they could please let me know what they did so I wouldn't have to go through this every time their software came out with a newer version, but they didn't even respond to that.

I only bought their software because their website says that it has an installer specifically for Woltlab Burning Board, ALL versions.

• Interesting reading everyone's comments about "chat systems".

I have looked over (analyzed the pros and cons) of many chat systems, and the "best" chat system out there -

but maybe depending upon what an individual who has a forum really desires to achieve with adding a chat

system to their forum - is AV Chat (URL to this is: avchat.net). They have been around for quite awhile now;

they have made great improvements since first introducing their chat system.

av chat is what the first two letters imply: AUDIO / VIDEO. In my opinion, if one is going to spend quite a sum of

money on their forum site, might as well go with the "gold" - and get the ability to have Audio / Video Chat -

not just text chat.

If I decide to invest MORE money on my forum, avchat is the route I will take.

DJ

• thats reallycrappy of them not to come backt o you, especially when you pay such a price for the chat..

I'm sure they would have fixed it but I just got tired of it. It was taking a full day between each email because they're on the other side of the world on opposite times. I was just disappointed after having just gotten it all running and then they put out an update that took it back offline again.

So when we spent three days just trying to get them to have shell access and still having trouble, I gave up.

I will look into this. I have no problem spending money on something that works, and what I want is:

1. to be on my sever, not served elsewhere

2. group audio and video capable

3. integrated with Burning board accounts and stats, etc

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!