How do I change Woltlab Logo to my own Logo?

• Betroffene Version
    WoltLab Suite 3.0

I tried search but did not see anything specific.

I have a NEW logo designed for my Forum and all I want to do is exchange the current Woltlab Logo with my newly designed logo.

I went to: Customization > Styles > and Added Style.

In Styles I added my new Forum Logo, clicked on Submit, and "change" was accepted.

Back to Styles: I clicked on the box which is for making it active.

However, the Woltlab Logo remains on my Forum.

What step/s am I leaving out?

• Hello Dilip,

I followed the steps you mentioned above but I was unable to change the Woltlab Logo to my Logo.

Question: When you say: "Choose style in which you want to add the logo",

do you mean choose the Woltlab Style Logo, and edit that particular Style?

In clicking on "edit" of the Woltlab Logo, it states that "Editing is Limited".

Do I have to click on the editing permission link that is provided, then edit the Woltlab Logo?

The message says it isn't necessary; and that future changes won't be uploaded.

Very confusing - the system for changing the Logo used in Woltlab 4.x.x was easier to understand and to implement.

• It was exactly the same system - nothing has been changed there. Just an addition was made introducing the mobile logo for small displays.

You should be able to upload a logo file even if the style is protected / editing limited. If you want to do further customization to the style, you need to "unlock" the style to get the possibility to edit everything. This prevents the system from automatically updating your style within the package engine.

• woltlab.com/attachment/126142/

It was exactly the same system - nothing has been changed there. Just an addition was made introducing the mobile logo for small displays.

You should be able to upload a logo file even if the style is protected / editing limited. If you want to do further customization to the style, you need to "unlock" the style to get the possibility to edit everything. This prevents the system from automatically updating your style within the package engine.

Thank you for your reply jacboy.

I went thru every step, again ... and this time my Logo uploaded (see Screenshot).

But in going thru the process, I did notice one thing:

There is mention that the Logo size (and I am quoting from the message that is contained in the editing of the Logo)

should be 102 x 64. And something about, if the Logo uploaded is larger than that, it will be resized.

My Logo size is 240 x 60.

Does that mean my Logo became "re-sized"?

Although the Logo looks alright, I would have liked it to appear somewhat larger than it does.

How can I make it larger if the "system" is automatically re-sizing he Logo I upload?

DJ

• you can change the height and width of the logo

Thanks for your reply.

In: >styles >Editing >Global Settings, I see the area you have given above; and apparently the settings as to

Width and Height were set automatically when I uploaded my Logo because the Width is shown as 240

and the Height is shown as 60 - which is what the Logo size was designed as.

So ... if I want the Logo to be larger than what now shows (displays) in my Forum Header, I will have to ask my

Logo Designer to make the Logo larger, correct?

• no you can have 480 * 120 or 1000*240 , the quality is not top but it works

if you ask your designer , try to have a png and not a jpg , it is better to integrate with the background.

• Ruff Seas , get the desired logo size in whatever format you are happy with. Then simply modify the columns to those values. That would be the best mode of action.

Smile , it's good for health

• Ruff Seas , get the desired logo size in whatever format you are happy with. Then simply modify the columns to those values. That would be the best mode of action.

Thank you for your advice.

I'm waiting on my Logo Designer to give me the revised version of the Logo he did for me.

If it doesn't display to my expectations on my Forum Header as I would like, I will just go back to what I have presently.

DJ

• Offizieller Beitrag

Ruff Seas You may want to request the logo double the dimensions in which it actually should be displayed.

Consider the page logo used on our site, it is rendered at 204 x 40 Pixel, but it's actual dimensions are 408 x 80. It still looks good on regular devices, because scaling by an even factor generally yields the best results, so that's not an issue. Devices using 4K screens, e.g. modern notebooks, tablets or smartphones (Apple's "Retina" Display), will make use of the full size, making your logo crystal clear on these screens. Failing to provide a sufficient image will cause the browsers to upscale your logo, often times resulting in blurry appearances.

• Ruff Seas You may want to request the logo double the dimensions in which it actually should be displayed.

Consider the page logo used on our site, it is rendered at 204 x 40 Pixel, but it's actual dimensions are 408 x 80. It still looks good on regular devices, because scaling by an even factor generally yields the best results, so that's not an issue. Devices using 4K screens, e.g. modern notebooks, tablets or smartphones (Apple's "Retina" Display), will make use of the full size, making your logo crystal clear on these screens. Failing to provide a sufficient image will cause the browsers to upscale your logo, often times resulting in blurry appearances.

Thank you for your reply and explanation regarding Logo Sizes - and what is best to use.

I have attached here what is now currently on my Forum. It is a PNG of 320 x 80 Pixels.

For several hours I have been trying to figure out which size Logo would look best when someone logs onto my Forum.

I have tried:

120 x 60 (too small in my opinion)

240 x 80 (not satisfied with it)

480 x 120 (I thought it was alright, but ...)

600 x 150 (too large in my opinion)

And before I drive my Logo Designer completely "nuts", I now have 320 x 80 - PNG - which he did for me about 3 hours ago.

You said: Failing to provide a sufficient image will cause the browsers to upscale your logo, often times resulting in blurry appearances.

In your opinion, is my current logo size of 320 x 80 good for most applications, e.g. what device an individual uses to view my Forum?

BTW: THANKS to everyone who replied to my post here regarding Logo Size and "how to" upload, etc.

DJ

• Offizieller Beitrag

In your opinion, is my current logo size of 320 x 80 good for most applications, e.g. what device an individual uses to view my Forum?

My explanation might be a bit too complicated, I'll try to cut it down:

1. Try out different dimensions to see what size fits your logo best.
    2. For the sake of this example, assume 320 x 80 looks best.
    3. Create the logo with (320*2) x (80*2) = 640 x 160 Pixels size.
    4. In the style editor set 320 for width and 80 for height.

Basically your logo image needs to be double the height and double the width based on what you enter in your ACP.

• My explanation might be a bit too complicated, I'll try to cut it down:

Basically your logo image needs to be double the height and double the width based on what you enter in your ACP.

Hello Alexander Ebert,

Of course I have no doubt you are well acquainted with what works best for a Logo - as to size and ratio, etc.

And I can refer back to this info you gave me if I ever decide to have the Logo Designed (again) setting the Pixel Size as 640 x 160.

But for right now I am going to leave my Logo Designer have a "breather" from me pestering him - a miracle I didn't

"drive him to drink" ..... I made so many changes in the original work order - he has been very patient with me.

I want to see how the Logo looks when I view my Forum via a smartphone device, ipad, etc., etc.

And if anyone (Visitor / Member) here on the Woltlab Forum cares to take a look at my forum - via alternate methods -

please feel free to comment back to me regarding what you think, e.g., the Logo Size, resolution, etc., etc.

DJ

• As a regular designer he or she should have been created the logo vector based so that he or she could scale it to any size you want to with just a few clicks. So it shouldn’t be any problem to ask him or her to receive the logo in the desired size.

As always with anyone who responds to my posts here: Thank you for your comments Black Rider!

Although true what you have said, nevertheless in all due respect for my Logo Designer ( a "he" BTW) I appreciated his prompt replies

and his time spent on my project. He does have other clients besides me; and every time I contacted him - which of course meant

taking time to reply back to me - he was interrupting his work on other projects (of his other clients) in order to do so;

and all with courtesy and thoughtfulness on his part every time he responded - a character trait that unfortunately is lacking in

many business people in this "modern world".

DJ

• My explanation might be a bit too complicated, I'll try to cut it down:

Alexander, I think we can consider this issue of "how do to upload a Logo to my forum" (and all other issues that became

involved here - like Logo "size", etc.) resolved.

Thanks for your help, comments, and suggestions.:)

DJ

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!