HTML Code

• Hello,

Right now, I have my user groups configured so that the User group can only use BBCode in posts, while moderators and administrators can use BBCode and HTML. I recently purchased a new plugin which allows you to make Wiki articles, but this plugin does not include a separate permission for allowing users to use HTML code, which is not a requirement but certainly makes things much easier.

Is there a way I can allow users to use HTML code for a specific application, or is it just a global setting?

Also, if I were to enable HTML code globally for all of my users, what codes would be allowed? Do I run into any security issues, such as people placing <script>s into posts for whatever nefarious purposes they might think of? Is there a way to limit what HTML tags are available to them, such as limiting it only to cosmetic and functional features (such as text decoration and tables)?

Fox

• Is there a way I can allow users to use HTML code for a specific application, or is it just a global setting?

The best would be to ask the developer of that app whether he could implement an option/permission for that case or whether there's a simple way you could do that yourself.

Also, if I were to enable HTML code globally for all of my users, what codes would be allowed?

Everything (if I'm remembering that correctly), so yes that could cause security issues.

I think there was a plugin to restrict HTML usage to some tags only - or exclude them via blacklist, but I don't remember who published it or where. Maybe someone else knows where to fine that or you just find it using a search engine.