Problem changing the main logo on the default style

• Betroffene Version
    WoltLab Suite 3.0

I was having a problem changing out the main Woltlab logo image for my own on the default style. I did notice the message that the style was protected and had to check a box or something to allow modification. Still, the logo wouldn't change. I can see where the logo was uploaded to the site but It simply would show up on the site. I renamed the file to directly overwrite the existing logo and that worked but the images was squashed to the dimensions of the existing logo. I ultimately had to erase woltlab logo clean with Photoshop and draw my logo right onto the original image. Had to do the same with the small mobile version of the logo too. Sense most of you probably have changed this logo out yourselves I'm asking if any of you encountered this before and have any insights into the issue. The workaround will get me by for now, but I'll need to swap that image out for a better one at some point.

• Yes I did try using the upload button in the ACP. The logo appears to upload and shows in the ACP, but when you exit back out to the site you notice the logo wasn't changed then, when you go back into the ACP the old logo shows again instead of the one I uploaded. And so you don't have to ask, yes I'm hitting the submit button and getting the message that the action was successful, however this behavior is like I didn't click submit. I tried again on one of the custom themes from the plugin store and encountered the same issue. The only way I've been able to change the logo out is to replace it with a changed logo with the same filename and dimensions. I can see that the new logo gets uploaded to the site with the filename (styleLogo-3e81efbf4e4bc927636f015727292373335de20d.png) but it won't show on the site. File permissions on files are 644 Read/Write for owner. Write only for Group/Public. 755 on folders. I'm also not getting any error logs. I'm at a loss. This doesn't seem like the sort of thing people have issues with around here.

3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von evmiller (11. März 2017 um 10:54)

• Yes, I think I go ahead and submit a ticket. It was a few days ago that I was working on the logo so I restored the originals and I'm now trying to install the new one the right way. Let me recant some of my story because now that I tried again just now things aren't as I remember. When I click the upload button to select the logos I get the message on the top of the screen that the action was successful but when I click the submit button I get booted from the ACP back out to the landing page. Is that normal behavior? Usually your left in the ACP.

Hi,

maybe you just need to clear you cache :)

Yes, I tried that too :)

• I've seen a lot of people having problems with mod_security, I was one of them (and also maybe you?), and it wasn't only changing the logo, but changing background images, importing fonts and/or modifying templates. Those problems were due to some rules of mod_security and not the software itself which was working fine on my localhost environment.

Unable to Edit Style Logo in One Theme Only

My styles and plugins in the Plugin-Store.

Spoiler anzeigen

— ¡Carajo! —gritó

Amaranta, que empezaba a meter la ropa en el baúl, creyó que la había picado un alacrán.

— ¿Dónde está? —preguntó alarmada.

—¿Qué?

— ¡El animal!

Úrsula se puso un dedo en el corazón.

— Aquí —dijo.

♪Quiero robarle los minutos a las horas pa' que mis padres nunca se me pongan viejos...♫

• Just a bit of an update on this situation. I've sent in a support ticket with Woltlab and a technician logged into the sight and verified the issue with the logo not updating. They suspected there was a security script running on the webserver that was preventing the action and asked me to contact them to ask If they're monitoring javascripts. I contacted Godaddy support tonight and spent a couple hours on the phone with them as they also logged into the sight to try to get the logo changed. They poured over the server logs and found no errors or issues and couldn't think of any of their security rules that would stop the logo from updating. In the end they didn't see anything on their side that could be the problem. They thought it would be helpful to come back here and see if any Woltlab users here use their economy shared hosting and compare my situation with theirs. I guess my next step would be to ask if it's possible to put the site into maintenance mode and do a reinstall over the existing site without royally screwing something it up. Or I can use the non-recommended workaround I mentioned above and just wait to see if future updates fix the issue.

I've seen a lot of people having problems with mod_security, I was one of them (and also maybe you?), and it wasn't only changing the logo, but changing background images, importing fonts and/or modifying templates. Those problems were due to some rules of mod_security and not the software itself which was working fine on my localhost environment.

Unable to Edit Style Logo in One Theme Only

At this point I seem to have nothing to lose. Only thing is I'm not getting any sort of error messages/logs like you were getting.

I'll keep everyone updated on this.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von evmiller (14. März 2017 um 07:37)

• At this point I seem to have nothing to lose. Only thing is I'm not getting any sort of error messages/logs like you were getting.

I didn't get error messages every time, only when I tried to add an image to the header. When I tried to change the the font, for example, everything seemed to be normal but changes were not taken into account and the old font was still there. Maybe you have the same problem, maybe not, who knows... As you said, at this point you have nothing to lose.

My styles and plugins in the Plugin-Store.

Spoiler anzeigen

— ¡Carajo! —gritó

Amaranta, que empezaba a meter la ropa en el baúl, creyó que la había picado un alacrán.

— ¿Dónde está? —preguntó alarmada.

—¿Qué?

— ¡El animal!

Úrsula se puso un dedo en el corazón.

— Aquí —dijo.

♪Quiero robarle los minutos a las horas pa' que mis padres nunca se me pongan viejos...♫

• I don't think the mod_security is the problem here, but you can try to disable it by adding this in your .htaccess file :

Code
    <IfModule mod_security.c>
      SecFilterEngine Off
      SecFilterScanPOST Off
    </IfModule>
  • you need only clear cache

پشتیبانی شبکه

Thanks for the reply. Clearing the cache was one of the first things everyone here had me try. Woltlab as well as Godaddy tech's have logged on to the site trying to solve the mystery with this with no resolution. This is still an issue even today. I'm thinking there is a bad file somewhere and maybe a major update will just fix it someday. I have had no other issues with the site.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!