Unable to Edit Style Logo in One Theme Only

  • Presumably something is set wrong on my host, but I don't understand why. In the Global Settings tab I am able to change the site logos in the default style, and in a Purchased theme (Modern Flat UI) I can change it fine. But I have also imported a free theme (Calypso), and when I try to change the logos using the same method I get the error below. Since the process of adding the Purchased theme was the same as adding Calypso, I don't understand where to even begin to look for the difference. My installation seems to be working fine otherwise, even though the error below seems to be rather general.

    Could anyone point me in the right direction?

    THANKS!


    Forbidden

    You don't have permission to access /wcf/acp/index.php on this server.


    Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

  • As mentionned, 403 error mean you don't have permission to access the file.


    So, you can try to set files permissions to 644 recursively with FTP and 755 for folders recursively.


    If you have access to your server log, you could try to investigate too, sometimes mod_security can make this error happend..

  • jacboy if you are successful in fixing this please post, and I will do the same.


    I went looking for the right place to adjust file or folder permissions earlier, without success.

  • Ha! :-) Deleting and reinstalling was a good suggestion, but a failure. I deleted the style from the control panel, redownloaded it from the site, then imported the new file. Result: failure ;-)


    Validation Result

    Packages Identifier Status
    Calypso eu.qvip.style.calypso
    The package “Calypso” (installed version: “1.0.0”) should be updated to version “1.0.0”, but an update is not supported.
  • I do note that my other styles end in .tar, and calypso ends in .tar.gz but I am afraid i do not understand if that has significance or how to deal with it if it does.

  • Maybe try to extract the package, and import the style directly from styles importer, and not from package installer.

    Well, its quite a bad idea, using packages allows you to update a style, also permissions should be set correctly for all files during installation.


    Ha! Deleting and reinstalling was a good suggestion, but a failure. I deleted the style from the control panel, redownloaded it from the site, then imported the new file. Result: failure

    You need also to delete the package of the style before you can reinstall it.

    The Style itself is not enough to delete ;)

  • Well, its quite a bad idea, using packages allows you to update a style, also permissions should be set correctly for all files during installation.


    You need also to delete the package of the style before you can reinstall it.

    The Style itself is not enough to delete ;)

    Yes, it was for testing purposes :)


    Thank you very much for the effort to do that GeGeek, but I get exactly the same error!

    No problem, so the last thing is to create a new style manually and copy/past all settings from the package.

  • I got the same error even with a custom style, I couldn't even add google fonts, actually the problem was due to mod_security rules.

    My styles and plugins in the Plugin-Store.

    ♪Quiero robarle los minutos a las horas pa' que mis padres nunca se me pongan viejos...♫

  • Meaning that you got your hosting provider to fix it Caribe_Soy?

    Yes.


    Try testing first with a custom style, adding a google font, a page header, editing templates, etc. and see if you're still getting the error. If that's the case, probably you're having the same problem I had.

    My styles and plugins in the Plugin-Store.

    ♪Quiero robarle los minutos a las horas pa' que mis padres nunca se me pongan viejos...♫

  • Hi,


    try disabling the mod_security by adding this in your .htaccess file :


    Code
    <IfModule mod_security.c>
    SecFilterEngine Off
    SecFilterScanPOST Off
    </IfModule>
  • Argh - After all this back and forth my hosting provider was able to do something to get me past the error, so I did not have to try to disable mod_security. But that clearly was the problem.

    Thanks all and I hope this thread is useful to someone.