RE: End of Beta on December 15th

  • The beta stage is almost complete and WoltLab Suite will enter the Release Candidate (RC) phase on December 15th along with the previously announced upgrade of woltlab.com. This site will then be switched into archive mode, preventing any new content from being added, eventually being merged into the main site at a later point of time. This means that this site will continue to exist for some time after December 15th until the merge is performed.


    For those of you that already have an account on woltlab.com, we kindly ask you to double-check the email address used and to ensure that both the account on woltlab.com and on this site match. The import will merge users based on their email address, while keeping the username from woltlab.com.


    We would like to take this opportunity to express our eternal gratitude towards all users that have provided us with valuable feedback and reports during the whole beta phase. Your invaluable support has paved the way to build the most outstanding and awesome version ever released by us, pushing the limits of what communities can achieve by an order of magnitude. Thank you!

    Source: End of Beta on December 15th


    In response, I would again like to please ask that you please delay your schedule. While I do believe WoltLab Suite 3 has come a long way, I do not yet believe it is as ready to leave the testing phase. I suspect you're planning a short RC (release candidate) phase and plan to wrap up development into the final release this December 2016 (if not early January 2017).


    I would very much like to see a stable release and not have this rushed to fulfill an internal deadline.

  • The RC phase will take as long as we think it needs to take. This is how we've done it with every single release in the past and we have no intentions to change this.


    There is no internal deadline.

  • The RC phase will take as long as we think it needs to take. This is how we've done it with every single release in the past and we have no intentions to change this.


    That is not historically accurate. I do recall past releases and it seems history is repeating itself. I would simply ask that you please hold your words true though and release it only when it is actually ready.


    There is no internal deadline.


    Denial of internal deadline does not remove the effects of one.

  • You are probably seeking for new/more features, correct?
    As far as I know and read on the posts there ist most likely a feature freeze now... only bugs will be dealt with until the gold release..

    While more features would be nice, yes... I understand the current feature freeze and not believe leaving the beta phase is the best policy at this time.

  • Are you calling me a liar there?:/

    I am calling you a good salesmen and a skilled craftsmen of public relations. And simply stating that historically, the actions would appear to have the effects of a loosely scheduled internal deadline. :)

  • There is but one "deadline": When it's done.

    And I would only ask that you please hold that to be true in practice. :)

  • How comes you have not offered any RC version for downloading and testing then?


    I tested WBB 4.1 and think you went through 2 RC versions, maybe 3 (not sure). But you offered the RC versions for testing same way you did Beta with that, that's if I remember right? I thought it was a little odd that you installed the RC version here and have not offered it for download since. You have even ignored a topic started days ago asking about not for being offered for download.


    It does kind of look as though you are rushing this RC version to Gold before Christmas, you're closing this demo site and moving the RC version onto WBB.com main site it seems, and put new prices up already. I just don't get why you've held this RC version back and not offered it for download?

  • How comes you have not offered any RC version for downloading and testing then?


    I tested WBB 4.1 and think you went through 2 RC versions, maybe 3 (not sure). But you offered the RC versions for testing same way you did Beta with that, that's if I remember right? I thought it was a little odd that you installed the RC version here and have not offered it for download since. You have even ignored a topic started days ago asking about not for being offered for download.


    It does kind of look as though you are rushing this RC version to Gold before Christmas, you're closing this demo site and moving the RC version onto WBB.com main site it seems, and put new prices up already. I just don't get why you've held this RC version back and not offered it for download?

    It has been scheduled for the 15th of december... just be patient ;)

    Grammarly, it seems.

    Grammarly seems to be fixed by now. (the grammarly support is not supported, but this is another issue). The actual bug has been fixed