Tagging - what about using "double space" as a Tag is completed indicator when comma not available.

• That is what I was trying to avoid !

Thank you for validating a discussion I was having earlier on this very site. Notably that the average consumer today takes the path of least effort and resistance.

System

Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB (1607.14393.447) - 64bit

Windows 7 Enterprise (6.1 build 7601 : Service Pack 1) - 64bit

Windows XP Professional (5.1 build 2600.xpsp_sp3_qfe.161003-1531 : Service Pack 3) - 32bit

VOJ320F1A on NVIDIA GeForce GT 430 (1GB DDR3)

Screen Resolution:1920px x 1080px

AMD Athlon II X4 630 (2.8 Ghz)

8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 Ram

• That is what I was trying to avoid !

Don't be so fucking lazy :O I definatley do not want to seperate with a double sign i cannot recognize when editing ...

Zitat

Thank you for validating a discussion I was having earlier on this very site. Notably that the average consumer today takes the path of least effort and resistance.

And thanks i got something i can fight against :D

Meine Beiträge stellen - sofern nicht ausdrücklich anders gekennzeichnet - ausschließlich meine subjektive und aus Erfahrung und / oder Reflexion gewonnene Meinung dar und sind nicht als Fakten zu verstehen. Meinungen sind persönliche Ansichten und benötigen keine Belege. In Deutschland gilt nach Artikel 5 des Grundgesetzes Meinungsfreiheit. Meine Beiträge stellen keine Rechtsberatung dar, hierzu bin ich nicht befugt.

• And thanks i got something i can fight against

I'm at a crossing point. On one hand, I too want to fight against the de-evolution that is taking place in society. On the other hand, I know better as doing so comes with a cost when excluding yourself from society and the opportunities that come from embracing it.

Some of my best sites have been very successful when I stop fighting against the grain and embraced the madness.

System

Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB (1607.14393.447) - 64bit

Windows 7 Enterprise (6.1 build 7601 : Service Pack 1) - 64bit

Windows XP Professional (5.1 build 2600.xpsp_sp3_qfe.161003-1531 : Service Pack 3) - 32bit

VOJ320F1A on NVIDIA GeForce GT 430 (1GB DDR3)

Screen Resolution:1920px x 1080px

AMD Athlon II X4 630 (2.8 Ghz)

8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 Ram

• Offizieller Beitrag

You can add tags by hitting return, on iOS it's the blue "Go" button that holds the same functionality. It isn't really obvious, but way more obvious than using double space, but as good as it could get.

Double space isn't exactly an option for us:

• The logic behind the tagging input is used in multiple different places that follow other rules. There are cases where successive whitespaces are permitted as long as they occur in between characters. Disabling such a "double space" feature would make the input highly inconsistent.
    • It is quite error-prone in case of accidental double spaces, not to mention that you could trigger it by backspacing a word that could lead to successive whitespaces.
    • You can already use the comma and return key consistent on all devices and OS, making it far easier for users.
    • I've never seen any piece of software that triggers on double space, making it a highly unintuitive behavior.
  • I'm at a crossing point. On one hand, I too want to fight against the de-evolution that is taking place in society. On the other hand, I know better as doing so comes with a cost when excluding yourself from society and the opportunities that come from embracing it.

Some of my best sites have been very successful when I stop fighting against the grain and embraced the madness.

If that's success for you, okay. Seeing the fight working is success for me.

Meine Beiträge stellen - sofern nicht ausdrücklich anders gekennzeichnet - ausschließlich meine subjektive und aus Erfahrung und / oder Reflexion gewonnene Meinung dar und sind nicht als Fakten zu verstehen. Meinungen sind persönliche Ansichten und benötigen keine Belege. In Deutschland gilt nach Artikel 5 des Grundgesetzes Meinungsfreiheit. Meine Beiträge stellen keine Rechtsberatung dar, hierzu bin ich nicht befugt.

• Because this is an input field inside a form.

Normally you could send the form with the go button, but wsc3 suppresses the submitting of the form in order to perform its own action (adding the tag).

But your browser doesn't know this ;)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!