user-profile signature freeze

• The ram issues and cpu issues are resolved. ;)

Firefox still crashes when i open too many tabs. I have it as backup browser because chrome very rarely does not want to open a website - don't know why.

And even when they fix it some time in the future, there is no reason for me to switch to a browser that was broken for years and gets fixed by using more and more technologies of the browser i already use. I don't like it's design, configuration menu is irritating, it took me 10 minutes to understand where i csn delete the Browser saved files because it is not named good. I do not use plugins, so no advantage for me there, but i use many google products and make heavy use of the sync. I would not like to create an unneeded second Account for firefox sync.

So why should i ever use firefox? Chrome with up to 63% global marketshare is just fine. The only reason i do not like firefox (and not only do not use it) is it crashing with many tabs which is a no-go.

(As of Google Sync Stats: 837 open Desktop Tabs [Sorted in 19 Browser Windows] plus 429 open mobile tabs on two devices] at the moment)

Meine Beiträge stellen - sofern nicht ausdrücklich anders gekennzeichnet - ausschließlich meine subjektive und aus Erfahrung und / oder Reflexion gewonnene Meinung dar und sind nicht als Fakten zu verstehen. Meinungen sind persönliche Ansichten und benötigen keine Belege. In Deutschland gilt nach Artikel 5 des Grundgesetzes Meinungsfreiheit. Meine Beiträge stellen keine Rechtsberatung dar, hierzu bin ich nicht befugt.

Edited 6 times, last by D3nnis3n ().

• How many TABS are we talking about you having open before it happens.

It gets slow at ~ 90 and crashes after any higher number - it only takes some more time when it's less tabs.

PC runs 24/7 with browser open.

Yeah, but that could be down to you maybe having an older underpowered computer?

I got:

Intel i7-6700k

GTX 1080

64 GB DDR4-3600

I really think this should be enough. :)

And why the heck should chrome manage this amount of tabs and firefox doesn't if my specs are too low? oO

Meine Beiträge stellen - sofern nicht ausdrücklich anders gekennzeichnet - ausschließlich meine subjektive und aus Erfahrung und / oder Reflexion gewonnene Meinung dar und sind nicht als Fakten zu verstehen. Meinungen sind persönliche Ansichten und benötigen keine Belege. In Deutschland gilt nach Artikel 5 des Grundgesetzes Meinungsfreiheit. Meine Beiträge stellen keine Rechtsberatung dar, hierzu bin ich nicht befugt.

Edited 2 times, last by D3nnis3n ().

That is a lot of tabs to have open at same time in browser. I don't think I ever venture past having about 5-6 open.

Roflmao, that is NOTHING.

See:

(As of Google Sync Stats: 837 open Desktop Tabs [Sorted in 19 Browser Windows] plus 429 open mobile tabs on two devices] at the moment)

• The RAM is only for chrome, it needs that amount for my amount of tabs. But thats fine. Crashing with 1/8 the amount is not.

• Very, 64GB ram. I'm jealous! 8o

Why? As you do not use 800 tabs at the same time, why do you need that much ram?

• What are you looking at with 400+ tabs open in browser? ?(

Its my workflow. Tasks and pages are sorted in the respective browser window at the back. They get worked on from the front.

• To each their own.

The problems you claim to have with Firefox I have with Chrome. Google Chrome eats up CPU and Ram and if I have too many tabs things slow down or crash. Firefox on the other hand hums along without a glitch.

I superpose we just use what we feel is best for us. :)

• Well, I only hear this problem from firefox users and recommend at least two persons a week to install chrome. It also is a known problem with firefox.

Don't forget to use 64-Bit Chrome, more stable with those amounts of tabs. 32-Bit was "crashier".

• Don't forget to use 64-Bit Chrome, more stable with those amounts of tabs. 32-Bit was "crashier".

Do not forget to try the 64-bit version of Firefox. ;)

• I did. Unfortunatley its also unstable as fuck in my case. Firefox will stay crap for me forever. It should have worked five years ago when i switched from IE. It didn't - chrome won.

To be honest, i predict that in five years chrome will have a marketshare of over 80%. And yes, it uses my data, but hey, who doesn't? There is no way but live anywhere in the canadian woods to not be tracked. There is nothing more i cn do than using fake mails, vpns, think before registering and delete old registrations - and it works.

• I've experienced interesting behaviour in Google Chrome after I opened more than 100 tabs in a research quest thru opening the next tab from inside the previous one. At a certain stage the tabs don't load anymore. I noticed that a few months ago 2 or 3 times.

In der Regel ziemlich beschäftigt ...

• Cannot confirm. I ever open the next tab inside the previous one. Works fine.

I also often move tabs around between the browser windows - works fine, too.

• Haven't tested that since these days anymore, perhaps things changed. All I know is that I definitely had these issues that time.

But fine if it doesn't happen anymore.

In der Regel ziemlich beschäftigt ...

• Haven't tested that since these days anymore, perhaps things changed. All I know is that I definitely had these issues that time.

But fine if it doesn't happen anymore.

It never happened in the five years i used it that way. *shouldersup*