Is there an option to disable forgot password

• Why would you be against adding something like that, when you don't even need use it (it isn't forced on you to use it) if a switch in ACP to turn "on and off". You might not use SEO URL's - so should we remove the switch for that used or not?

I'm not. I'm against the possible solution that someone could read in zukros post to no longer allow username (only) password requests. People DO read all posts and not only the OP.

TL;DR: In fact, i did not talk to you :D

Meine Beiträge stellen - sofern nicht ausdrücklich anders gekennzeichnet - ausschließlich meine subjektive und aus Erfahrung und / oder Reflexion gewonnene Meinung dar und sind nicht als Fakten zu verstehen. Meinungen sind persönliche Ansichten und benötigen keine Belege. In Deutschland gilt nach Artikel 5 des Grundgesetzes Meinungsfreiheit. Meine Beiträge stellen keine Rechtsberatung dar, hierzu bin ich nicht befugt.

• Meine Beiträge stellen - sofern nicht ausdrücklich anders gekennzeichnet - ausschließlich meine subjektive und aus Erfahrung und / oder Reflexion gewonnene Meinung dar und sind nicht als Fakten zu verstehen. Meinungen sind persönliche Ansichten und benötigen keine Belege. In Deutschland gilt nach Artikel 5 des Grundgesetzes Meinungsfreiheit. Meine Beiträge stellen keine Rechtsberatung dar, hierzu bin ich nicht befugt.

• well, let me elaborate.

what I suggested was just get rid of username from that password reset page. that's it. So password resetting can only be done by providing email address.

• well, let me elaborate.

what I suggested was just get rid of username from that password reset page. that's it. So password resetting can only be done by providing email address.

And this is what i do NOT want, as people can forget their e-mail-adress! Now everything clear?

Meine Beiträge stellen - sofern nicht ausdrücklich anders gekennzeichnet - ausschließlich meine subjektive und aus Erfahrung und / oder Reflexion gewonnene Meinung dar und sind nicht als Fakten zu verstehen. Meinungen sind persönliche Ansichten und benötigen keine Belege. In Deutschland gilt nach Artikel 5 des Grundgesetzes Meinungsfreiheit. Meine Beiträge stellen keine Rechtsberatung dar, hierzu bin ich nicht befugt.

• And this is what i do NOT want, as people can forget their e-mail-adress!

And then what? Even when they enter their username, they still receive an email to actually confirm the password request. When they don't know which email address they used, they can't perform a password reset with their username, either. Unless they then go through all their email adresses and search for the mail. But then they could just as well try all their adresses in the form until one matches.

• There are cases where you forgot your e-mail-address, but still have access to it. (Redirect for example) I would not like to force people knowing both.

I nearly never use my real email.

• I nearly never use my real email.

Sounds like a personal problem. Most people understand that you need an email address to either confirm membership or recover your account. If you are not using a valid email address it is obviously not that important to you to keep your account and you can just as easily reregister.

• I do understand, but no webmaster needs to know my real e-mail address. So every website that is not absoluteley trustworthy and frequently used gets its own email. This address is valid but does protect me from unwanted messages and data theft. If you don't care about this, that's fine. But definatley not a "personal problem". Also i do never register multiple accounts, as i'm regulary legally requesting webmasters to fully delete my account when no longer used. There is no reason to do the opposite thing and register multiple accounts.

• Seeing this:

option to register without email

I think you should really be able to understand my point of view. :D

• Seeing this:

option to register without email

I think you should really be able to understand my point of view. :D

I do but I also see what is the usual norm in most communties. My request, just as your point of view, is the exception to the rule and not the usual accepted norm.

• There is no reason in deleting a feature nearly every website has. It's also more comfortsble to tyoe in the username in most cases, especially if you still login with username.

• There is no reason in deleting a feature nearly every website has. It's also more comfortsble to tyoe in the username in most cases, especially if you still login with username.

No one has suggested deleting anything. ;) Having an option to disable something is not the same as removing it.

• Woltlab does not like implementing options ...

• An ACP simply can't be overloaded. 8) The more customization options are available, the better it is.