Can't upgrade from WCF 2.1 / WBB 4.1 to WSC 3.0 / WSF 5

• I'm trying to upgrade my site and I'm not having any luck. First I get a pop-up to add credentials to the User Infraction System (3.0.0) which I don't have in my list of licenses. So I try adding my forum license credentials and then I'm asked for the forum license credentials again, which I add again and then I'm asked for my filebase credentials, then this is repeated over and over again between the forum and filebase credentials with nothing happening... except me becoming very annoyed and frustrated.

• i don't know if it is the same problem than me

the first number is the number of the license in the high of your licence

license number 259863

and the second serial number 1264-5555-444-444-

and NOT the authentification code

• and NOT the authentification code

I haven't been entering the authentication code.

This is the first thing I see when I start the upgrade:

Where is the license number for the User Infraction System? It doesn't exist in my list of licenses.

• Where is the license number for the User Infraction System? It doesn't exist in my list of licenses.

Just take one of your application-licenses. You can download the infraction plugin with every license.

• Just take one of your application-licenses. You can download the infraction plugin with every license.

I have tried using the forum license, after adding the forum license credentials I am asked for my filebase credentials, after adding my filebase credentials I am asked for my forum credentials, over and over and over with nothing happening.

• over and over and over with nothing happening.

That sounds really strange indeed, have you checked what it reads in the Package section of the dialog? It sort of gives you a clue for what is actually requesting permissions.

Alexander Ebert
    Senior Developer WoltLab® GmbH

• That sounds really strange indeed, have you checked what it reads in the Package section of the dialog? It sort of gives you a clue for what is actually requesting permissions.

This is what I'm seeing:

I will add the license and serial numbers, I will get the loading icon and then I will get:

I'll add the license and serial numbers for the forum and I will get the loading icon again and will be asked for the filbase credentials again.

• Attention: If you're using any other version than WCF 2.1, then please disregard this post and its attachment. Using the attached file with anything but WCF 2.1 will damage your installation.

The attached file fixes an issue that causes already downloaded files to be not recognized, causing an infinite loop of download and license request attempts. Please use it to overwrite the existing file in wcf/lib/system/package/

LogixX You can contact the support via email to woltlab@woltlab.com if you would like your products to be merged into a single license, greatly reducing the pain of having to enter a dozen of different license credentials ;)

• Just to say something also here.

I just installed for a second time the RC3 version with Calendar. During the installation process this time I didn't tick any extra boxes to install the other "few things" like "Moderated Groups and Import from from other software", etc. After installation was completed I then uninstalled the Calendar - so I was only left with CORE Suite used and then tried to update it to version 3.0.0. But it stopped asking me for a serial number for "Infractions" that is not installed extra and shows as being part of core. So I uninstalled that also and now the Core Suite updates without asking me for any serial numbers to enter.

But my point here is this. When I first install it testing. I choose to install the extra things like "Moderated Groups". It shows as being a CORE add-on and not a Calendar add-on. But when you try to update the CORE Suite with Calender uninstalled - it still asks you for a serial number for all those extra things installed and you have to remove them so you only have these two things left (picture below) before the CORE Suite will actually update not asking you for any serial.

But I thought "Infractions and Moderated Groups", they was CORE Suite features that shouldn't stop it updating (not asking for serial numbers) once Calendar was uninstalled. As only the Calendar is the paid product?