No Latest Articles box? New articles do not show up in Recent Activities

• Was a "Latest Articles" box omitted on purpose? Why aren't new articles shown in the "Recent Activities" box? There is no way for users to know if a new article has been added unless they visit the article page.

I hate to say this already but WSC 3 and WSF 5 are turning into a big disappointment. Someone mentioned that the software seemed "rushed" and I see that now.

• Articles aren't user-generated content in general, so they don't show up in the activity list. If you visit the user profile of an article author, you won't see the articles there.

• Was a "Latest Articles" box omitted on purpose? Why aren't new articles shown in the "Recent Activities" box? There is no way for users to know if a new article has been added unless they visit the article page.

Articles are not pulled into Recent Activities, so they won't get shown on Dashboard Page, or on Recent Activities page. The same thing goes if you allow Guest Comments on Articles - guest comments are not pulled also on Dashboard Page, or on Recent Activities page. Which pretty much means you cannot allow guest comments on Articles because you can't keep track of any that was last posted, and the option to "moderate guest comments" on Articles isn't there also.

• you can create a box with the title of latest article and show it where you want but it is not possible for just a customer

the search works on customer perhaps a solution to integrate it to the profile ? but i'm not be able to make that

• I've noticed this as well which is why I've searched for this thread here. I know articles aren't user generated content, but a new article on one's website should still qualify as "Recent Activity" and be featured on the front page (Dashboard) of the site for a time. Was the dashboard not intended to be used as front page? Or was it intended to write up a static paragraph above the recent activities box directing users eyes to something "featured" on the site. A 'Recent Articles' box displaying the teasers for the last two or three articles before dropping off, displayed above the 'Recent Activity' box would be great.

• You can do it another way by creating a custom box that pulls latest articles in it and display that custom box on the dashboard page.

In fact you can create a few that use different methods of displaying articles in the boxes, such as having one article box with least views, another with most views, or most commented, etc. And have them all displayed on the dashboard page.

• You can do it another way by creating a custom box that pulls latest articles in it and display that custom box on the dashboard page.

In fact you can create a few that use different methods of displaying articles in the boxes, such as having one article box with least views, another with most views, or most commented, etc. And have them all displayed on the dashboard page.

Thanks a lot, I was able to figure it out and made my first box. Just made a box to display the last two articles just below the content of the Dashboard page. Worked out well just like you said.