URL replacements not taking effect after upgrade

• Affected Version
    WoltLab Suite 3.0

It looks like the URL replacements not taking effect after upgrade from 4.1 to RC 3....

I have them setup as follows:

board=forum

thread=topic

Yet they don't seem to take effect, even after clearing the board cache, restarting php5(cache) and any other caching system that it uses.

It does however work on a clean install, that had no convert.

Is there something i don't see? Because this setup worked since 4.x :)

PHP version: 5.6.29-1~dotdeb+7.1

The relevant Nginx rewrite:

• How did you set these up?

Like i said, in the URL replacement section in the acp, been like this since 4.x.

I really don't know where to look, since it works on a other board, tough the other has a other nginx config setup, but since i commented out the url rewrite, nginx should not handle it, the board has to show the things.

If we cant fix it, maybe you can provide a rewrite rule to go from /topic/ to /thread/ and from /forum/ to /thread/ so i don't get a mass 404 :)

• Like i said, in the URL replacement section in the acp, been like this since 4.x.

That option shouldn't exist at all, it's supposed to be wiped out during the upgrade process! Thanks for bringing this to our attention, I'll have to double-check that.

Meanwhile please go to the page section of the admin panel and edit the pages directly. You'll then find the proper input fields for custom URLs. It works pretty much the same as before, but you can now assign each and every page a custom url (including CMS pages), but you can now even rename controllers that occur multiple times across different applications.

Alexander Ebert
    Senior Developer WoltLab® GmbH

• That option shouldn't exist at all, it's supposed to be wiped out during the upgrade process! Thanks for bringing this to our attention, I'll have to double-check that.

Meanwhile please go to the page section of the admin panel and edit the pages directly.

Aha! Thanks for the information, i thought it was crazy because it would not work, whatever i tried :). The function is also visible when doing a clean install.

• The function is also visible when doing a clean install.

No, that's just the option to replace URL components in the title part, for example in this thread you have this relative URL: /thread/253341-url-replacements-not-taking-effect-after-upgrade/. You can then define something like effect=mega-whosh and the url would then read /thread/253341-url-replacements-not-taking-mega-wosh-after-upgrade/.

Alexander Ebert

• Yeah, but I need to edit every page now......

And you're doing that on a daily basis? In other news, the previous solution was pretty limited as it could not assign different values for the same controller name, but different applications.

Alexander Ebert