Language translation missing and bug with category selected

• The correct variable could be something like: Please select a category.

Not really, the category is already selected.

More something like this : <item name="filebase.file.category.error.invalid"><![CDATA[The select category is invalid.]]></item>

But the category is valid... so..

• Not really, the category is already selected.

More something like this : <item name="filebase.file.category.error.invalid"><![CDATA[The select category is invalid.]]></item>

But the category is valid... so..

Yeah this would be more consistent with other error messages, I have to yet to install the new suite versions and check out phrases and see which can be improved for English translations.

But would be more appropriate to read like: <item name="filebase.file.category.error.invalid"><![CDATA[The selected category is invalid.]]></item>

Because it's been selected, and then it's giving error.

• Yeah this would be more consistent with other error messages, I have to yet to install the new suite versions and check out phrases and see which can be improved for English translations.

But would be more appropriate to read like: <item name="filebase.file.category.error.invalid"><![CDATA[The selected category is invalid.]]></item>

Because it's been selected, and then it's giving error.

Yes, it's right, it was just a typing error :P

• Yes, it's right, it was just a typing error

lol... :P just have to specify it though because they'll take it literally and change the phrase to "select" that for RC4 or whatever, then I'll have to add the "ed" on end "selected" later haha.

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Smooey (29. Dezember 2016 um 17:16)

• been fixed of course, https://github.com/WoltLab/com.wo…cdbd1efe9a86632 but the phrase is different and seems odd.

lang variable: wcf.global.form.error.noValidSelection

error message phrase: <item name="wcf.global.form.error.noValidSelection"><![CDATA[Choose one of the available options.]]></item>

Shouldn't it be more like "The selected category is invalid." using this variable: filebase.file.category.error.invalid

Or, maybe not.. I don't know.. just seems odd though.

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Smooey (29. Dezember 2016 um 20:11)

• been fixed of course, https://github.com/WoltLab/com.wo…cdbd1efe9a86632 but the phrase is different and seems odd.

lang phrase: wcf.global.form.error.noValidSelection

error message phrase: <item name="wcf.global.form.error.noValidSelection"><![CDATA[Choose one of the available options.]]></item>

Shouldn't it be more like "The selected category is invalid." using this variable: filebase.file.category.error.invalid

I can't see this :(

But that depends on the fix they made i think, because the probleml was this one too : An error is showing even if the category is selected.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Smooey This error message should not be visible to anybody without them explicitly manipulating the form in their browser, thus a more generic message is sufficient. In addition to this missing language item, there was another bug that caused you to see the error message in the first place without you doing any manipulation. This issue has also been resolved.

• Smooey This error message should not be visible to anybody without them explicitly manipulating the form in their browser, thus a more generic message is sufficient. In addition to this missing language item, there was another bug that caused you to see the error message in the first place without you doing any manipulation. This issue has also been resolved.

Ah okay, makes sense, thanks for explanation. :)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!