"Page Not Found" when trying to access new forum

• Betroffene Version
    WoltLab Suite 3.0

I'm setting up my forums on my development server, and I want to "seed" each forum with a post, but all forums show a "Page Not Found" error page when I click the forum title. I've set the forum permissions to full access for the administrators user group and I've checked that I'm in the administrators user group. All helpful suggestions will be appreciated.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hi

am I correctly assuming that you are seeing an error message from your web server? Then your web server is configured to intercept any error messages created by the board. What web server are you using?

• Did you activate SEO?

jens1o: No, I didn't; is that something I should try?

Hi

am I correctly assuming that you are seeing an error message from your web server? Then your web server is configured to intercept any error messages created by the board. What web server are you using?

Not on the forum page itself: that has the header and footer, and the body text is:

Zitat

Page Not Found

Sorry, but the page you are looking for has not been found. Try checking the URL for errors, then hit the refresh button on your browser.

Back to previous page.

But there are 404 errors in the apache error log for these. (Apache/2.4.10 (Win64) PHP/5.6.2)

• jens1o - I misunderstood your earlier reply (I'm a newbie to woltlab); I understand now that you meant had I enabled url rewriting, and I did have that enabled. When I turned that off, the Page Not Found errors went away and I was able to post in the forums. Thanks for your second reply; I appreciate the insight.

Oddly enough, I have url rewriting enabled for a number of sites on my local development machine, and it works on all of them without issue. I also have it enabled on a test install of RC1 on the server where it will eventually go live, and the forums there work as they should. I don't understand why it doesn't work on my local machine.

• I just re-read the article on setting up user-friendly urls (Setting up user friendly URLs) and it mentioned putting the .htaccess file in the the main directory of your Burning Board installation - I had it in the main directory of the framework instance (i.e., in DocumentRoot) rather than in the main directory of the forum application (i.e., DocumentRoot/community). When I copied it to the main directory of the forum application, url rewriting for the forums worked as it should.

Thanks again for your help!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!