[Error after update] You don't have permission to access /index.php

• I am having this issue on my forum after updating to the recent patch release through ACP

The latest reported issue is with the following url

http://appen.pw/index.php?thread/327-benefits-of-having-a-faster-mobile-website/&action=firstNew

it throws the following error

Additionally, I got a similar error while using ACP. What is the fix ? Anyone else having this issue ?

Smile , it's good for health

• I've tried accessing other threads in the same forum and they all open up fine, possibly there is a server issue that causes this problem. Please check the logs to see what causes the 403 and if you're having mod_security or similar modules running, try disabling them (they're useless anyway and love to block harmless resources).

Alexander Ebert
    Senior Developer WoltLab® GmbH

• @SoftCreatR , after the update, I added Twitter embed plugin. Will it have something to do with this ?

PS : Just asking. Please don't take it in the bad sense.

@Alexander Ebert

Just wondering, if there is a server issue, won't it affect other threads as well ?

Smile , it's good for health

• Just wondering, if there is a server issue, won't it affect other threads as well ?

Most issues would effect everything, but things like mod_security are pretty picky with what part of your site is getting mocked ;)

Alexander Ebert
    Senior Developer WoltLab® GmbH

• I know in a couple past hosts I couldn't do certain things until mod_security was disabled, like for example, I couldn't edit the style css and save it, it gave 404s or what-not until I disabled mod_security then it was fine.