Could someone point me in the right direction to clean up my URL for my "home" page?

• well, there are a few things you could do to shorten the url.
    First: You could move your forum into the root directory if there is no other content (as it looks for me). This removes the /forum/ part from your urls.
    Second: Activate user fiendly urls, you need to follow this guide (but it is in german, didn't found an english one...): Konfiguration von benutzerfreundlichen URLs (SEO-URLs)
    Doing both optimizations you get an url like: www.icecreamonmars.com/board/2-adventure-log/ which is at least a bit shorter ;)

Last thing you could so is create your own page to get your content on an extra page.
    If you are interested, create a file /forum/lib/page/AdventureLogPage.class.php with the following content:

After creating the file you need to clean your cache in the ACP, then you can simply call it with www.icecreamonmars.com/forum/index.php?adventure-log/ (without the first two optimisations) or www.icecreamonmars.com/adventure-log/ if you do them ;)

• Thank you so much for taking the time to explain this, Morik. I really appreciate this and I will try to do this.

I did have friendly URLs activated before but it makes the links to my EasyMedia galleries break when I activate it.

Is there any possible way to make the link just appear as "icecreamonmars.com" and nothing else after it but still go to the page I have set up now, like it is?

• you could embedd your forum into a frame to get that, but i think its bad for your users as they cannot store bookmarks etc...
    If you have problems with easymedia you shold talk to cls-design, they have a very good support and could help you with this problem ;)

• If it's a matter of being able to hand out a short URL, it'd be an option to do 302 redirect in your server config, from your root domain to whichever URL you want. See this link for a brief discussion on redirecting the root domain to some other location.

• I did have friendly URLs activated before but it makes the links to my EasyMedia galleries break when I activate it.

I can help there too.
    You probably forgot to have the htaccess in every application forlder for the rewrite rule, or a summarised version in root with the directories?

Simple use this (remove what you do not need) and check if you have the exact same directories there.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!