Could someone point me in the right direction to clean up my URL for my "home" page?

• I'm using a thread list to a forum as my home page. see here: www.icecreamonmars.com

So my link, icecreamonmars.com redirects to the below URL

It functions the way I want but I don't want to use a redirect and I want the clean the long URL up.

Is there any way to change the URL to my board link so I can make it the main forum page without that messy URL?

I

• well, there are a few things you could do to shorten the url.
    First: You could move your forum into the root directory if there is no other content (as it looks for me). This removes the /forum/ part from your urls.
    Second: Activate user fiendly urls, you need to follow this guide (but it is in german, didn't found an english one...): Konfiguration von benutzerfreundlichen URLs (SEO-URLs)
    Doing both optimizations you get an url like: www.icecreamonmars.com/board/2-adventure-log/ which is at least a bit shorter ;)

Last thing you could so is create your own page to get your content on an extra page.
    If you are interested, create a file /forum/lib/page/AdventureLogPage.class.php with the following content:

After creating the file you need to clean your cache in the ACP, then you can simply call it with www.icecreamonmars.com/forum/index.php?adventure-log/ (without the first two optimisations) or www.icecreamonmars.com/adventure-log/ if you do them ;)

• Thank you so much for taking the time to explain this, Morik. I really appreciate this and I will try to do this.

I did have friendly URLs activated before but it makes the links to my EasyMedia galleries break when I activate it.

Is there any possible way to make the link just appear as "icecreamonmars.com" and nothing else after it but still go to the page I have set up now, like it is?

• you could embedd your forum into a frame to get that, but i think its bad for your users as they cannot store bookmarks etc...
    If you have problems with easymedia you shold talk to cls-design, they have a very good support and could help you with this problem ;)

• I did have friendly URLs activated before but it makes the links to my EasyMedia galleries break when I activate it.

I can help there too.
    You probably forgot to have the htaccess in every application forlder for the rewrite rule, or a summarised version in root with the directories?

Simple use this (remove what you do not need) and check if you have the exact same directories there.