Pre-sale questions

• I kind of like burning board a lot.
    But I have pre-sale questions

Do yo have these features in burning board? (if available,please specify built-in / free plug-in / paid plug-in )

1. responsive media auto embed
    e.g. paste youtube link and the board convert to embeded code automatically. (vimeo , imgur ,twiter facebook post)
    2. bump thread with button without having to post text.
    3. hide content to guest ( only show title or some parts of the text)
    4.Can post before register
    (the post text area always available if guest post something
    the system will create account and send verification to guest's email account and that post can be seen by public)
    5.Latest threads on index page ( before or after forum lists)
    6. virtual currency or points system
    ----------------------------------
    7. Can the share box at the bottom turn on by default without having to switch privacy setting. And can I duplicate it to the top of the page.

8. If I buy license now , when the new version come out will I get update for free.
    If not, how many years can I use current version until end of life.

9. Possible to transfer license to new domain name?

• Hello,

1. responsive media auto embed

For this, the software comes with the so called media BBCode and a management interface, where you can add nor delete media providers.

2. bump thread with button without having to post text.

This can be done by using a plugin.

3. hide content to guest ( only show title or some parts of the text)

This is also possible using an plugin.

4.Can post before register

Our software provides an extensive permission system, which also allows you to define, if guests are allowed to create posts/threads or not.

(the post text area always available if guest post something
    the system will create account and send verification to guest's email account and that post can be seen by public)

Would also require a plugin.

5.Latest threads on index page ( before or after forum lists)

The software provides "dashboard boxes" which may fit your needs. Otherwise, there's a plugin available that should do it.

6. virtual currency or points system

Also a plugin. It's called "jCoins" and can be found in our plugin store.

7. Can the share box at the bottom turn on by default without having to switch privacy setting. And can I duplicate it to the top of the page.

In germany (where our company is located), you are forced to provide the two-click solution by law (to protect the privacy of your users). There's no built-in way to change anything on that box (except an option to disable it completely). However, this could be achieved with a bit of Javascript. Duplication should be possible with a small template edit.

8. If I buy license now , when the new version come out will I get update for free.

Updates of the last version number are free (mostly bugfixes, security nor stability updates), while updates of the 1st and 2nd version number are paid. So if you buy a license now, you'll receive all updates for 4.1 freely, while you would have to buy an update license in order to get 4.2, 4.3, .... 5.0, 5.1, ...

If not, how many years can I use current version until end of life.

The license is valid until the end of your life ;)

9. Possible to transfer license to new domain name?

Licenses are not bound to any domain. You can switch whenever you like. However, you are allowed to run one public instance per license.

• Thank you for your answers.

1. Please elaborate about media BBcode
    If I understand this for example If I want to embed youtube videos
    I have to write a BBcode for youtube and when I want to embed I have to type something like [youtube] https://www.woltlab.com/www.youtube.com/v=..xxxxx [/youtube]
    or I just paste the youtube link and its all done?

2. Please tell me the name of bump thread plugin or the link to it.
    I searched through plugin store and couldn't find one.

• 1. Please elaborate about media BBcode
    If I understand this for example If I want to embed youtube videos
    I have to write a BBcode for youtube and when I want to embed I have to type something like [youtube] youtube.com/v=..xxxxx [/youtube]
    or I just paste the youtube link and its all done?

You could already have tested it here ;) The software comes with a pre-defined set of media providers like Youtube and Vimeo. New providers can be added easily and there's also a plugin that provides a huge load of pre-defined media providers. These providers are used to automatically wrap the media-BBCode around posted links, which converts them into embedded objects. Example:

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

2. Please tell me the name of bump thread plugin or the link to it.
    I searched through plugin store and couldn't find one.

There's something in progress, not officially released, yet (from what i know).

-

PS: You can also try before you buy. Simply visit https://www.woltlab.com/demo and create your own demo instance.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!