Is there a way to limit how many pages can be viewed by guests?

• Hi guys just wondering if anyone can help me please.

Is there a way to limit how many pages can be viewed by guests in the forum?

I think this would be a great way to entice others to signup and maybe participate.

Thanks

• I don't think Google would like that. Google even doesn't like it, wenn you provide contents for it, but deny it for normal guests in order to force them signing up.

But no there is no way (without developing a plugin) to limit the amount of accessible called pages.

• Thanks for replying the pages I was talking about are the posts in a forum eg 20 per page 10 page deep.

Thanks Again

• I don't think Google would like that. Google even doesn't like it, wenn you provide contents for it, but deny it for normal guests in order to force them signing up.

What is your source ? What makes you think that Google is not supportive of such an action ?

Smile , it's good for health

• I visited forum made with xenforo after 5 page views it locked me and I thought how cool.

This forum is one of the largest based around website adminstration etc.

Thanks

• What is your source ? What makes you think that Google is not supportive of such an action ?

That is a general SEO knowledge. If you provide Google other content than users you’re using something called Black Hat SEO and will be punished – maybe until you’re site is completely kicked out of the Google index.

Plugins, Designs, Hosting, Support und mehr: KittMedia

• That is a general SEO knowledge. If you provide Google other content than users you’re using something called Black Hat SEO and will be punished – maybe until you’re site is completely kicked out of the Google index.

This site --> https://theadminzone.com/ is using this type of setup. Its one of the largest websites online.

I don't understand what you are saying and lets look at this from a logical point.

1. Someone visits the website the ip address is stored in a cookie on the visitors computer.

2. Some sort of cookie check code gets activated when you press on the next button while viewing pages 1,2 etc

3. As soon as teh cookie checks knows you have visited 5 pages the code redirects you to a webpage to signup.

The only code here is when pressing the next page which it checks your cookie and how many pages you viewed which could be added in a database table along with the ip. In
    essence only 3 fields are required in the table - id, ipaddress and count total.

I am no coding genius but this is how it would work. How and why would google ban the site then?

• i have disable read some forum for guess

but why do you want that ? to have more people in the stat ? have people who don't answer in a forum is not a good idea

• i have disable read some forum for guess

but why do you want that ? to have more people in the stat ? have people who don't answer in a forum is not a good idea

Its an idea to convert lurkers into joining and maybe participating.