Extended forum permissions

• I'm looking for a plugin that would require members to read a specific set of rules before they can post in certain forums. I'm also looking for a plugin that would make it necessary for members to make x-number of posts in other areas of my site before they can post in certain forums.

Does anything like this already exist?

• I'm also looking for a plugin that would make it necessary for members to make x-number of posts in other areas of my site before they can post in certain forums.

This does already exist within the core of WCF.
    YOu simply create a new usergroup and give permissions to write in those forums.
    the normal users are not permitted to write within this group.

Then with the automatic group assignment (Core feature) you can set up that by X number of posts one automatically will be added to the new user group.

• This does already exist within the core of WCF.YOu simply create a new usergroup and give permissions to write in those forums.
    the normal users are not permitted to write within this group.

Then with the automatic group assignment (Core feature) you can set up that by X number of posts one automatically will be added to the new user group.

To do that you have to go through the User and Everyone user groups and deny permissions for posting before the new group can be created... it's such a PIA :( . Maybe I'm thinking about it wrong.

• To do that you have to go through the User and Everyone user groups and deny permissions for posting before the new group can be created... it's such a PIA

No not really. You simply leave the perimissions as they are right now.

Go to the forum (in ACP) and then go to permisisons.
    Deny the ones you dont want to have access for.

Those overrule he group permissons which comes in handy in your case

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!